Sym's new "Fairly thick" beam, huh?

Well that wouldnt be so hard but unfortunately, everyone is jumping and hopping around like a bunny on ecstasy. I’m not that young anymore and I can’t react as fast as an 15 year old.

1 Like

What is a moira mechanic? Just having a beam attack like zarya with a bigger hitbox? Isnt that already what sym just got? Only the hitbox is bigger than zarya, but smaller than moira.

About the aim (of new weapon) now be intensive, debatable.
But lack of creativity, using “crtl+c more ctrl+v” in Zarya weapon, is sad. If lock-on was unfair, it just needed to reduce the damage. Make the gun focused on being more utilitarian, like Mei’s weapon. In the end, Sym’s Lock-on was just a mechanic. But the game is no longer about mechanics and now it’s just about “aim, damage and teamkill”. The lack of a creative alternative makes it clear that they do not know but what they are doing, or simply they have regretted having created a game “to everyone” and now changed posture, to something more competitive.

Well, what i know, Moira is “Soft Lock”, Zarya is little point laser, Sym was lock-on.

EDIT: Well, it would be good, at least, they to be honest with us casual gamers, that the game is no longer for us. Make a video and talk about it. Casual can be bad with aim, but it does not mean that we are a bunch of stupid people and we like be treated like cattle to gratify the game. If some casual player appreciates being cattle, that’s fine, it’s his choice . But honesty for those who think differently.

No, moira beam is the exact same as zarya, just the animation always shoots to the chest, as soon as ur no longer aiming on the hitbox it stops. It just has a fairly big hitbox.

Ill post the video just in case.

I think its only unfair to the people who feel entitled to the exact version of a character who represents 1/27 of the hero pool. They could change the entire game and make it 7 on 7 if they wanted. What’s “unfair” about any of it?

Honestly, I hope they switch the graphics and sound to the current bugged cheese version people are doing on youtube…For those who don’t know, you can bind her beam attack to scrolling the mousewheel, and it will make the beam flicker rapidly on-and-off and make a clicking sound, it looks SO MUCH COOLER than the intended way, PLEASE KEEP IT like this, it looks like a taser instead of a Zarya copy

That might be a bug. They shall indeed be dealing more damage. For me it also feels like that but that might be because it is a bit more tricky to take them down for some heroes. Or a placebo…
Hopefully the devs take a statement on that.

1 Like

can’t they use the auto-lockon system. but make it do less damage when not actually aiming at your target.

1 Like

While they said they wanted OW to be more accessible to a wider audience, the common misconception is that Symmetra was a hero designed with handicapped players in mind. She is not.

2 Likes

Its much thicker than zaryas and much easier to aim and i have horrible aim so i can tell difference

her turrets are fine… they were still buffed.

more hp and you can just throw them around like you want… you dont waste that much time anymore, they are reaching locations where you couldnt place them before … you can even block deadeye with them…

But this is what made Symmetra trash to begin with. She couldn’t receive any buffs to her gun before, and therefore couldn’t reliably kill anything smart enough to not get microwaved.

Tbh lvl 3 beam is fairly thicc

Personally I don’t understand why they couldn’t just buff the alternative fire and make it the primary and move the lock on beam to the secondary

Theyre not.

20 chars

It should be hitscan accurate, she does 180 dps.

1 Like

Wait, why would they need to switch mous buttons for primary and secondary fire?

Well. Moira mechanic is purely a visual animation…

Only if shes allowed to headshot