Sym's new "Fairly thick" beam, huh?

I recall the dev’s placated people by saying her beam would be fairly thick when announcing the removal of her lock on. Yet I’ve just tested it, and the difference between her and Zarya’s beam is virtually none-existent. A few pixels at best.

So they went from, accessible hero, to an aim intensive hero, displacing a large portion of her player base. Really sad.

Of course, this is only discussing her primary fire changes.

20 Likes

Damn. ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

1 Like

The turrets are even the same with no additional damage or range whatsoever,just tested it out on ptr vs live if is still deal same exact dmg and slow. I feel like we have been lied to.

15 Likes

She’s still in PTR they could introduce a Moira mechanic to her which i think would be a good middle ground between what the two sides want.

I think they just meant each individual turret would be more powerful. All three combined equal the strength of the original six combined.

They should have a shorter cool down though. 8 seconds per turret at least. It’s part of what was wrong with the original Sym, her bunker was too easily destroyed and it took a full minute to build it again

8 Likes

Since when have FPS games ever been accessible to people with handicaps?

10 Likes

But it isnt the case
The patch note even said it increased in damage and slow

But live version has 30 dps each and slow
Ptr have the same damage and slow.

So tell me how is this more pwerful again?.

2 Likes

Since over watch said they were.

9 Likes

Could you provide a direct link or quote from a dev?

1 Like

It’s part of Overwatch’'s statement to be accessible for all players. That’s been known since beta

The quote about her main attack being “fairly thick”.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/symmetra-rework-defense-or-support/81544/249?u=rez-11365

I gear that Moira might get the same treatment at some point. I sure hope not. I already saw one post asking for Mercy’s heal to be a straight beam already.

1 Like

Okay but where is this statement? You can’t just say things with no source whatsoever.

I’ll get back to you. Im a recent player so since it was near the beginning I don’t know quite where I should be looking, but Overwatch is a game meant for everyone. It isn’t your standard FPS

I know a lot of people are laughing and saying “Good she takes skill now, learn to aim”. Personally I do plan on playing Symmetra more when she’s live as my Zarya accuracy is over 50% so I’m not worried about having to aim (so please keep this in mind when typing your ‘git gud’ replies).

However, it is very unfair on the people who play Symmetra to completely change her weapon. There were other ways they could have raised Symmetra’s skill floor or skill ceiling. She’s already become much more skilful with her teleporter and new ultimate as they present so many possibilities so it just seems like the weapon change is a bit too much. It seems that people who play Symmetra are people who have good timing (using the shift barrier), patience and game sense but lack the mechanical skill. This isn’t Call of Duty, Overwatch is a game that seems to have been designed so that even people who haven’t been playing FPS games for years such as myself can play it.

It just seems deeply unfair to change the weapon of a hero. I think that’s too far personally. Can you imagine how bad it would be if they all of a sudden made McCree a projectile hero? Or made Pharah hitscan? Or swapped around McCree and Soldier’s weapons? Personally I know I’m better at using single shot hitscan weapons such as McCree and Widowmaker’s than hitscan tracking weapons like Soldier’s or Tracer’s. If I mained McCree and they just made his weapon like Soldier’s it would screw me over. Certain people are much, much better at some things over others.

15 Likes

If you find her primary beam too thin (at full charge) then I’m sorry for you dude.

1 Like

Well they kind of are… You are getting almost the strength of 6 turrets after 30 seconds instead of 60 seconds.

1 Like

Maybe you will also remember that they said none of that info given was guaranteed.
They were still in testing.

imo “accessible heroes” are part of what is wrong with this game. There is a sense of entitlement this community has that doesn’t sit well with me. No you are not entitled to performing well. No you are not entitled to winning. No you are not entitled to being good at a hero. No you are not entitled to never facing anyone better than you. This whole accessibility thing really has players thinking that there has too be a hero that is easy for them to play.

With that said, since blizzard created this sense of entitlement I don’t blame players for feeling the way they do when a change like this happens. I just would have never made a game where “accessibility” was a priority. :man_shrugging:t5:

6 Likes

You’re also not entitled to have the game be pure hitscan hard to play heroes. If you want this then Overwatch isn’t the game for you. There are many other options out there that would fit your play style more.

5 Likes