Symmetra was better off with 6 turrets

And theres one reason why… Health.

Now that you only have three turrets there are only three things to destroy if you set up a nest. It used to be okay but still worse when it was under the two shots rule but now its actually the same as just having 3 of her old turrets in terms of health.

I’d really appreciate if the 2 hit rule came back ; - ;

I’m not sure what you mean by 2 hit rule. What is that?

3 Likes

Sym was better off with her old kit in general but the turrets s are the one thing that has improved

8 Likes

when symmetra was first re worked if her turrets we’re hit by two shots (of anything) then they would be destroyed. Obviously this makes her turrets worse against tracer of sombra (somewhat) but it really makes her better against hanzo widow ana, general turret bomb targets

1 Like

I don’t remember that ever being in the game

1 Like

When you say first reworked are you talking sym 2.0 or 3.0? I dont ever remember this being the case. Maybe it’s just the fact that I always played heroes where it didn’t matter but I was pretty sure her turrets always had 1HP and then they were changed to 30HP.

1 Like

re worked into 3.0, it was mostly changed becuase it was hard for characters like hog to kill them but now we know its really easy to deal with them (melee)

Well you know, people and blizz probably got sick of the feast or famine “6 turrets in one place carwash” cause it either insta killed, or it was immediately destroyed and then you have a useless Sym.

Sym is a more active character now, you’ll get more out of your turrets if you’re in the fray.

1 Like

I can’t say I remember this at all…

I was there for about the same amount of time as the bug where you could flicker your beam to do like 1000 dps

She was better off with her old kit in general.

Although trowable turrets is the only good thing in this rework.

Throwable turrets and the ability to turret bomb is better. but the rest isnt great. I’d take 2.0 over 3.0 any day

Same, I stopped playing her thanks to the rework. I had around 100+ hours with 2.0. Kinda sad :confused:

3 Likes

personally I think they should’ve buffed 2.0

people like to say it would’ve broken bronze but if you get mercy pharah and a winston then those are three people that sym cannot touch and two of them can just kill sym

Yes cuz with everything thing that got changed for the better it got compensation nerfs making the same or worse with power lvl except with the turrets they didn’t get nerfed as hard as the got buffed (mainly due to them letting them be thrown).

1 Like

Yeah I mainly miss her old photon barrier. That could have fit 3.0s kit so well. Imagine the new tp strats possibly. The synergy would have been so cool

If I was to rework her I would do the following:

1. Her current primary
  2. Piercing orbs as secondary (that she used to have)
  3. Floating shield as E (that she used to have)
  4. Three throwable turrets just like she has now
  5. Ultimate is the current Teleporter on E but I would give it more health and make it permanent until destroyed

Would have been a great compromise between both styles. But now we’ll never know.

This is how i would rework her.
Primary: Keep lock on at 100 ammo but make it so it does more damage the more accurate u are with it and keep its range at its current range.
2. Piercing orbs are back and charge and move around the same as hers do now.
3. Floating shield but by pressing E again makes it stop. Its cooldow begins when it is destroyed with a 6 second cd
4: 6 throwable turrets that have sym 2.0 stas but they take 2 hits to destroy or one punch
5: Ult returns to shield gena dn tp.