Symmetra teleport code

Hello!
I was thinking of implementing a feature into my custom game where when you or an ally use your symmetra teleporter you gain temporary shields but am unsure if this is codeable or not.

any healp is appreciated

1 Like

The only thing that can detect teleports are checking the players speed/position.

I know what your thinking, why speed. The players speed goes really high for a VERY split second whenever teleported.

As for checking positions, Check the distance between current position and previous position then decide what distance to trigger it on. (Definitely use Speed Version tho)

The only downside is its impossible to directly detect what kind of teleport happened, it could be a sym teleporter, it could be a sombra translocator, or it could be a teleport from the workshop itself.

I’m sure there is ways to detect which is which… there always is a workaround, but you’ll need to find them to use them.

(I know about the speed thing because it broke something in my code once for my 100 effect Chaos Mod whenever that person was teleported. had to make it ignore speeds that were too high)