Symmetra Survey

Yesterday, I’ve created survey in my rework analysis thread (link to thread) in order to check which kind of Symmetra players would like to see in game.

However, I have quickly realized that it deserves its own thread.

Link to the survey.

Explanation about selected poll choices
  • 1.0, old 2.0, current 3.0
    Pretty self explanatory. Basically one of these versions with no changes done to them.

• 3.0 with numerical buffs
    3.0 with anything that changes numbers: shorter cooldown, faster ult charge, faster TP, more HP etc.

• 2.0 with changes/buffs
    2.0 with the changes which are realistic, and thus doesn’t alter core of her kit, such as throwable turrets, ult placeable at range, maybe even new TP as additional skill on top of everything. Also numerical buffs. Please note this means she should take DPS slot.

• 2.0ish support
    Many people, including the devs, discussed her place in being support category. Developers even thought about giving her healing turrets. Symmetra as a support would either focus on:

• Healing
      This does include healing turrets, but could also be such things as Health Generator, healing stations, lightbend healthpacks, etc.

• Shields
      Focus on anything that is supposed to make healers life easier by mitigating damage. This includes barriers like Photon Barrier, increasing healthpool, or giving decaying healh like Lucio’s ult. A good representation of this idea would be my 2.0 revamp - look at “The Nostalgic” rework at the bottom of my rework analysis post.
      Pick any of those if you think Symmetra should take support slot.

Pick this one if you’re dissatisfied with any of the iterations and ideas, and would love to see Symmetra as something completely different.

Please consider taking part in the survey, as it would more clearly represent how focused, or split, the community truly is.

2 Likes

I think you meant, “numerous” buffs.

Does it matter? If you think she needs them, pick the proper option.

It kind of does. “Numerical buffs” implies one thinks her kit is fine as it stands, and all that needs correction is damage and cooldown-timers and the like. But some would say that she needs buffs in terms of functionality.

I cast my vote, though.

What kind of changes to 3.0 would you want to see that aren’t numerical ones?

I would be surprised if that her gets a valid buff that really helps her out overall. As of right now I do not have faith with these developers when it comes to unpopular heroes.

The goal of this survey is not necessarily a way to convince developers to do certain actions, it is here to see what community truly thinks of Symmetra.

I still like just adding my idea to 3.0 but I will 2.0 with Throw-able Turrets if I have to. But I will miss the barrier compared to the teleporter.

i think 3.0 with a couple numerical buffs but i also think she should have a single target, including herself, bubble ability thats weaker than zaria bubble but lasts close to 10 seconds eith at least 15 second cooldown.
repurpose the SWITCH WEAPON button for this ability. and use prkmary and secondary fire to apply to a target or yourself. you should add 3.0 with minor support ability option

Results looking interesting so far, keep it going!

Sym 2.0 was unique there was nobody remotely similar to her she needed alot of alterations buffs balances and stuff but she did not need to be turned into another generic dps.

The main changes needed were throwable turrets that would of made a huge differance, the ability to stop and start her barrier so she is always contributing something to the fight and allowing her to support her team in a more tankish way allowing for more brawler offtanks to be picked so the healers arent so pressured.

those two would of made a huge difference to her value some other changes could work such as removal of lock on BUT turning it into a winston frontal cone still low aim but wont bend round corners buff the range to 10m and buff the damage to 60-90-120.

For one, I think her tp shouldn’t have a cast time at all so that it can be used to make quick escapes.

Also, I think that her ult is just incredibly fiddly and imprecise. Something should be done to give Sym more control of exactly where and at what angle she wants to set up her wall.
But then, I’m in favor of her ult being changed entirely anyway. It could be something like Torb’s new ult, except instead of lava, it creates a ceiling-high wall in whatever shape she lays it down. That way it would be less situational and allow some creativity on the part of the player.

So far only roughly 1/3 wants Sym 3.0. That is actually surprising. But perhaps a bigger sample is needed.