Symmetra’s Tick Rate is... FIXED!

It looked to me like the tick rate was the same, but it just didn’t take armor into account. It looked like it just treated it like health.

2 Likes

Hmmm, that sounds suspiciously unintended lol. I wish they’d just freaking say what they did lol.

4 Likes

Zarya’s beam is the same.

1 Like

Could you elaborate? Do you mean ‘same’ as in unchanged, or do you mean ‘same’ as in it is not affected by armor either?

1 Like

Zarya is unchanged. She acts like she does against armor.

1 Like

That sounds awesome, congratulations!

1 Like

Hold on people! It might actually not have been fixed if one post I just read is correct.

Basically they allege that instead of ignoring armor now, the beam simply gained a tweak to her max dps rate. Topping out at 195 dps instead of 180.

Now, the poster is starting out with the burden of proof being higher than usual since they messed up and said the former rate was “60-120-120” instead of “60-120-180” on unarmored enemies. Which should have been an easily noticeable error. And makes any other numbers used smudged as being possibly improperly written as well.

I have not been able to test yet whether this damage buff allegation is true. I’ll probably get with Blasphemy or someone else on my friend list and test this sometime when we’re both online. But that might be a while since I have some real life obligations that might supersede.

I cant say for sure but a few people have been saying that the tickrate appears to be 10 a second as opposed to 20 a second. Meaning that at each level of charge you will do 30,70,& 130 DPS against armor. Unfortunately you still get punished pretty heavily on level 1 and 2 charge. But combined with the recent charge time decrease it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

considering video footage i’ve seen of the buff since the update. I had to carefully watch the health bar deplete as well as rapidly press play/pause to see how much it took. if anything everytime i saw the numbers drop it was a huge chunk of least 38 hp rather than just a stream of numbers trickling down … so if 38 is the tick and its 195 total at max charge… we’re talking about 5.13 ticks per second.