Symmetra’s Tick Rate is... FIXED!

Her beam is a lot of fun to use now. I believe this is what they originally intended for Symmetra. Best of it all is we got a cute skin to wear while we melt everything.

I honestly don’t think anything has changed. After playing exclusively Symmetra last night, I didn’t notice much of a difference.

We’re going to need some real testing performed. Someone with the math to figure it out. Someone with archived footage of previous to this patch, etc.

Maybe it’s just coincidence? My aim percentage was actually worse last night than it has been in a long time, but still I was pulling medals for kills/obj kills/dmg. This hasn’t changed from the typical medals I pull. The damage numbers being put forth didn’t appear to be any higher than normal.

I’d think if the beam had indeed changed, my accuracy would have gone up, and my damage as a result.

Again, I think we need some solid testing before we go parading through the streets about how she’s fixed.

Her hit box is exactly the same but armour is not stopping her in her tracks any longer.

Check this video out.

1 Like

Okay, based off that footage, it does indeed appear that armor is no longer penalizing her beam.

Can you also get some testing in with Zarya, to see if they changed her beam as well?

I’ll see if I can get someone to help do all the tanks tonight. At work atm.

I wonder why the dev’s didn’t mention correcting it

1 Like

Wait, did they make some change to her tick rate? I don’t remember seeing anything in the patch notes.

1 Like

Stealth fix.

1 Like

That is business as usual with most patches.

Half the information is in the patch notes and the other half is for the community to figure out when in game…for some reason.

4 Likes

Because they dont want to admit changing it to 20 ticks was a braindead dipwad change in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Anyone know what the tick rate is now?

It looked to me like the tick rate was the same, but it just didn’t take armor into account. It looked like it just treated it like health.

2 Likes

Hmmm, that sounds suspiciously unintended lol. I wish they’d just freaking say what they did lol.

4 Likes

Zarya’s beam is the same.

1 Like

Could you elaborate? Do you mean ‘same’ as in unchanged, or do you mean ‘same’ as in it is not affected by armor either?

1 Like

Zarya is unchanged. She acts like she does against armor.

1 Like

That sounds awesome, congratulations!

1 Like

Hold on people! It might actually not have been fixed if one post I just read is correct.

Basically they allege that instead of ignoring armor now, the beam simply gained a tweak to her max dps rate. Topping out at 195 dps instead of 180.

Now, the poster is starting out with the burden of proof being higher than usual since they messed up and said the former rate was “60-120-120” instead of “60-120-180” on unarmored enemies. Which should have been an easily noticeable error. And makes any other numbers used smudged as being possibly improperly written as well.

I have not been able to test yet whether this damage buff allegation is true. I’ll probably get with Blasphemy or someone else on my friend list and test this sometime when we’re both online. But that might be a while since I have some real life obligations that might supersede.

I cant say for sure but a few people have been saying that the tickrate appears to be 10 a second as opposed to 20 a second. Meaning that at each level of charge you will do 30,70,& 130 DPS against armor. Unfortunately you still get punished pretty heavily on level 1 and 2 charge. But combined with the recent charge time decrease it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

considering video footage i’ve seen of the buff since the update. I had to carefully watch the health bar deplete as well as rapidly press play/pause to see how much it took. if anything everytime i saw the numbers drop it was a huge chunk of least 38 hp rather than just a stream of numbers trickling down … so if 38 is the tick and its 195 total at max charge… we’re talking about 5.13 ticks per second.