Symmetra Rework Update?

Something for Reaper in the foreseeable future?

Don’t back down. If the devs don’t listen to you, they are throwing away good will with a large portion of their playerbase. It’s important that this game continue to represent the accessible, friendly shooter it was at launch, and if the devs aren’t willing to stand by that, the game isn’t worth playing.

2 Likes

Inb4 Stylosa makes a huge clickbait video

2 Likes

You can’t inb4 that. It’s inevitable. That’s like trying to “inb4 the sun rising tomorrow”.

1 Like

I believe they have a short duration and have less health from what I last read. (unless they changed something)

OMEGALUL it’s okay tho. the turrets make a different sound

My mind is just getting blown from reading the changes. I mean Ana saying ‘seeya’ and teleporting to high ground or hog mei reaper all in the backline when the deathball starts hog just chains one mei freezes one and reaper finishes off all 3 say hello and all use their self sustain skill when the enemies unload all their damage.

On the downside will she be able to do enough damage with her utility to be in the dps slot? I want to see these strats in the pro scene but just don’t want her to be like mei where she has a lot of utility but never gets played because of decreased clean up potential and easy counterplay.

1 Like

thanks Geoff for the update!

The idea of being able to not only pull teammates out of a grav is pretty wild. But I like the idea of being able to use the TP for Ana specifically. #BringBackAna d:)

Too late, he’s uploading as we speak.

1 Like

I mean they did make sure to release both moira and brigette to be released before they made any decisions about symmetra. They haven’t forgotten about you fellas just maybe they wanted to indirectly increase options before inevitably changing sym.

This teleporter change seem a little more supportive to me. I guess we’ll just have to see effective her new gun is to see if she can really be a good dps.

But yea… New tele and new ult sound game changing. Like, choke points won’t even matter if the attackers have a sym.

I imagine it will just be “press X” for Playstation, and “press A” for Xbox (so just the jump button). Seems logical.

That’s honestly something I’m afraid of, which is why I asked. A lot of times in games when the interact button is the same as the jump button, your character will jump when you want them to interact. In a single player game this is just annoying, but if you’re doing something like trying to save yourself from a dragonblade, that extra second can be the difference between life and death.

I suppose since it is the only interactable ability in the game though, it wouldn’t be too much of a drama.

If there were multiple things requiring the same button press for confirmation, then it may be a hassle, but since it is either “jump”, or “interact with teleporter”, I personally do not think it will be an issue :slight_smile:

Finally sounds like symms kit is going to allow for some creativity as the player.

1 Like

Imagine teleporting your team to the rail above second point horizon lol

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has realized that the button press means no D.Va bomb teleporter shenanigans like the original details stated. Sad times.

1 Like

Turrets being destroyed as they travel through the air is VERY concerning to me.

For one, this definitely limits her ability to be more offensive with them. More importantly though, this just means her turrets can be DESTROYED EVEN BEFORE THEY’RE DEPLOYED, and therefore won’t do any effective damage. If the turrets have a long cooldown, then this is even more concerning, because if you try to fire off your 3 turrets and they all get instantaneously destroyed mid-flight, then you’ll be without any deployable turrets for a very long time.

I thought the reasoning for projectile turrets was to give Sym more flexibility and freedom during battle, instead of dividing her time between setting up turrets and actively engaging in a fight. Geoff, you say that you “have to be more sneaky where you throw them or just pre-place them”, but this just reads to me as: you can’t fire off turrets in the middle of a fight because they’ll just get destroyed by stray damage mid-air, SO you really can only deploy them IN BETWEEN FIGHTS. This effectively halves Symmetra’s options during engagements, and maintains what made Sym so ineffective and clunky to begin with.

I don’t want to have to wait for a fight to be over before I can effectively use HALF OF MY ABILITIES. The whole point of the turrets is to misdirect and distract enemies, drawing their damage and attention away from the engagements. And firing turrets at the enemy really applies a lot of pressure on them because they have to be cognizant of where that turret will land and deploy. With this change though, Sym will have ZERO options available to her (other than attacking) while she is under fire, because any turrets she may try to shoot in an offensive effort to save herself will just be destroyed in the collateral damage. When you consider the fact that she no longer has a photon barrier to defend herself, this new change to her projectile turrets really will handicap her quite a bit.

I can see this change being okay, if and only if the cooldown of the turrets is short, and if they have more health, or at least shields to buffer and protect them from any stray damage. What would be even better is if Sym could deploy 4 turrets at once instead of just 3, or if the turrets did damage as they flew, either via impact/collision damage with an enemy target, or if they could fire their beams as they fly (but maybe not have a slowing effect on their beams in flight mode).

I’m also very concerned about the clunkiness of this new teleporter. It for sure sounds game-saving/meta-changing, but if this new TP is as cumbersome to set up as the current Ult TP and takes just as long to deploy, then I REALLY don’t see how it’ll be useful mid-fight, let alone to save your team from a Zarya ult. By the time the TP deploys and becomes active your team will already be dead. This new TP needs to deploy MUCH faster or instantaneously in order to be as effective as we’re all hoping it will be.

12 Likes

they wont get killed unless youre throwing them into spam in most cases, if its anything like junkrats mines you will hardly ever kill them until they land

I think