Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support?

Mercy 2.0 all over again.

3 Likes

Can Sombra delete Symmetra’s ultimate with EMP? Or is it something else that isn’t a shield?

4 Likes

These changes sound fun, that primary change just worries me.

I’m also curious if putting shield hp back into her ultimate similar to Lucio or Brigitte would be more engaging. It was, at least to me, a defining characteristic.

1 Like

How long would the cd of the TP be? Can you please tell us?

Are there any changes planned for her gun? Her gun is typically what holds her back more than anything

Since this thread have so many responses from Geoff and pretty much a full preview from Symmetra rework, don’t you all think the mods can merge it with the Symmetra megathread?

I mean, the Mercy megathread get random Mercy topics merged with it all the time…

1 Like

I highly doubt he can get to specific with cooldowns, or interactions with Sombra/Genji. That stuff comes later in balance testing/finalization.

1 Like

Thank god shield gen is gone tbh. Such a boring and uninteractive ability that was just flat out frustrating to hunt down and destroy in a nest of turrets. These new abilities actually reward good thinking and creativity, I can’t wait to see how it works out.

7 Likes

Plz don’t give her only 3 shes ment to build and keep track of many structures that is how she always has functioned for me now she will just have to worry about 3 means she can’t adapt to different situations she will be forced to either guard a ult or a chock or a flank route instead of being able to do multiple things.

2 Likes

This has to happen omg.

Nobody will be able to find Geoffs new responses if that’s done will they? Best it stays as a new post till the tubers make their 10+ videos about it.

1 Like

it would be pretty bad if she could erase the whole thing by touching it with her ult, however I would agree for it to be erased if Sombra hit Symmetra directly with EMP

3 Likes

Darn it!!! I was really hoping that he could give us details on the abilities.

1 Like

This actually sounds very interesting can’t wait to her out. Also, yay! New defense hero :smile:

i am also extremely confused and as eager to know as everyone else
“Infinite in size”?
how does one target this?

is it like Junkrat where she’s controlling it without controlling herself?

or is it like mei “exactly”?
how does it span a map if you’re tethered by your LoS like that?
wouldn’t it be extremely difficult that way?

this is intriguing but also confusing, i understand it’s early but, please, a little more context with how that works?

1 Like

I love these changes to her gun.

why are you removing sheild generator? there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with it as an ult

1 Like

That is why I am asking. It would suck if her entire ult was deleted bc it was made of shields.

2 Likes

It was boring for both the Sym player and the enemies.

4 Likes

i want to personally see why geoff is removing it, why he thinks it should be removed