Symmetra primary fire buffs that she needs!

Buff the damage from 60/120/180 to 80/130/180 (same max DPS, but less useless at level 1 and 2).

Let the beam treat armor as white HP (so ignore armor.)

Reduce her reload time to 1.5s from 1.8s (so that she doesn’t lose charge for reloading. Her reload is overall just really slow regardless.)

Overall this still keeps the chargeup mechanic that the devs insist on, and doesn’t improve her max damage. This also stops her from being completely ruined by armor, especially Brigitte. This also makes her charge-up less steep, thus making it more feasible to use the beam over orbs in applicable situations. In my opinion, the beam should be designed such that if you’re good at tracking it’s the optimal weapon to use within 12m, especially on tanks.

Also, piercing armor totally fits her niche and character design. All she does is talk trash about armor, it doesn’t make sense that it’s one of her biggest weaknesses.

18 Likes

This and the peircing armor would be neat, Id love to test this on PTR

6 Likes

Definitely. The tickrate changes really made it crappy against armor almost worse than Sombra somehow.

5 Likes

These ideas are perfect

1 Like

Honestly they should just revert the damage and give her the lock on again. It was fine the way it was.

I would prefer if the beam did 90 dps at the first level.

2 Likes

she has turrets that lock on she doesnt need a lock on that goes around corners

1 Like

Sounds reasonable. She is now, after all, a DPS.

1 Like

Yeah, having a passive like this should enable them to not worry about fixing the tickrate and adding in weird stuff to make it not exploitable.

We want need and require this.

Revert her lock on beam and be done with it. Honestly She is so damn easy to kill

Would be pretty reasonable, I think. Right now her primary fire is a joke which means she’s played as just another spam hero.

How can reaper and tracer etc be able to kill you without reloading and it takes symmetra an extra 5 secs to start even doing damage? What difference would reverting her beam mean - that she actually stands some sort of chance? She is useless at close range anyway so would be so easy to counter

Sound pretty reasonable.

They could tone down the lock on just give it back to make her feel like her again cuz rn she feels like a new hero

Hopefully we see something on the PTR soon! I think it’s almost universally accepted that the primary needs help.

Yea, that’s why it’s called a hero rework.

A rework isnt changing everything about a hero and making them feel completely new

Instead of changing the damage values themselves, I’d add in-between steps for ramping up. Instead of suddenly reaching 120 dps after 2 seconds, make it go to 75 in 0.5 seconds, 90 in 1 second, etc. It would keep the core identity of the ramp-up mechanic while letting her reach a viable dps rate in a reasonable time frame. It could decrease at the same rate, of course.

Then nerf her secondary