Symmetra needs more than 3 sentries, no matter how strong they are!

The use of the turrets is moving away from being useless outside of glorified alarm systems.

Let’s see how people actually use them before complaining that you don’t have enough of them.

3 Likes

I see what you’re saying, with this, throwing a random turret on the ground might actually become a little more effective…But I’d rather have 4 instead of 3 personally…But where inn the forums are these rework notes? I can’t seem to find them…

The thing is it is taking away a lot of strategy and playstyle that she had available to her. I’m sure they will work out great but I’d rather have at least 4 to really keep some of her options open.

Also they were never just useless alarms, I use them to defend the main point, but also use them to cover side routes and help me taking out people. Also less turrets means more easily they are able to focus and take out all my defenses, unless they decide to give them a ton more health.

1 Like

Torbs single turret does quite a bit. Honestly they just need to reduce how long it takes to build and BUFF torb himself. And make his armor more unique.

It’s really easy to focus down his turret though, where as with Symmetra it’s a group of targets that takes time to all focus down unless you are Winston. With just 3 turrets it’s a lot easier to just focus and kill them.

keep clicking the Blizz Icon to keep going to next blizz post down.

We need to see how her reworked self fits into the meta to make a true argument. Besides im hoping he counters brig a little.

Considering how hard Brig counters us now, I don’t see it happening.

Brigitte just decimates in melee space.

I liked your comment noodle, it seemed reassuring what I read of it.

You are missing the point. This is dpswatch and they need another tank shredder.

they point of sym to have 6 turrets it was symmetrical so maybe give her 4 turrets instead like everything about her is precise

They said they’ll have infinite range placement ,30 health and “double the power” (they probably mean DPS ,though maybe range too ?)

Heres a bright idea! How about we wait for the changes then comment on them?

To all the people who disagree OP in this thread :

It’s about keeping her identity and playstyle rather than usefulness.

You can buff her turrets to having 1000 health and instant kill people with only 1 charge. We won’t be happy. Not because it’s OP or UP but it’s NOT HER.

6 turrets placement is just like her old gun, giving a sense of identity of what being Sym. Reducing it to 3, not only it changes the sentiment of that, but also changes the playstyle of her a lot.

I like that they become projectiles (which means having access to set them up in new positions, or set up faster, or even harass opponent’s back-line remotely ) and having more health, but I also want to keep the total number of them which enables more varieties of strategies among different players.

Sym main here.

Il wait for the changes to reach a ptr build before whining.

Sure, some 6 placement strategies or sentry builds wont work after this.

New ones will take its place.

As for identity and playstyle, do what we always have. ADAPT.
This coming from a fellow sym. Enjoy.

1 Like

PTR take into consideration of small number tweaks mostly. And even that, most of the time it is already unchangable.

These kind of feedback should be given before the ptr hit because it affects the fundamental direction and philosophy of how they would rework a character. When it hits PTR, these are already set and would see little to no chance to be changed.

I don’t see how you can’t see the difference here.

I can’t see the difference.

But i realise the devs wont care. They will take sym where they want. Not where we want. Then tweak her as needed like with everyone else and call it balance.

No hero here is fanmade. Blizz dont have to follow someone’s rulebook to keep her identity, they, made, her and own her. And bottom line, they can change her cause of that, how they see fit. Not how we wish to see her.

So no, i dont see the difference when at the end of the day, the dev’s will decide based on what ‘they’ think, and a small minority of gm’s might think at most. (but not even that) what sym needs.

Wow amazing you completely changed your attitude in 2 posts.

I always agree that at the end of the day it’s them who decide, but that doesn’t mean we should not even try to express what we think.

If you think completely in that way you wouldn’t be on the forums at all aren’t you, given that anything is meaningless.

Don’t hold grudge is what I can advice you here.

How did i change my attitude in two posts?
Unless you meant the whining part?

I can always whine, i dont however expect it to bring any change. If it ‘helped’, brigitte would have been deleted by now.

Whine is whine, ppl will always do it. Myself included.
I dont however expect it to bring HUGE character design changes, tweaks and ‘balance’ maybe.

I honestly do not see what you went for there.

Your first post wanted to say “wait for the ptr to try it out before giving any opinion”

2nd post you said “every opinion doesn’t matter cuz we can control nothing”

It just seems that you had a lot of grudge in you but I might be wrong.

Anyways let’s not highjack this post for off-topic stuffs.