Symmetra needs more than 3 sentries, no matter how strong they are!

It’s great that they are potentially being buffed, it means we won’t have to stack as many. However we still need a number of them to not only defend the point, but to also cover any side routes to act as an information gatherer and also assist us in any skirmishes we get in. It’s such a huge part of her, the strategy of placement of her sentries on a map.

Defending on Hollywood for example, it’s good to have sentries covering the chokepoint. However there is a little back path that leads around that so many enemies get through, and having sentries waiting there for them helps greatly. Having to split our turrets between 2 and 1, just doesn’t work.

Please, at least consider giving us at least 4. We are used to splitting them in groups, this would allow us to choose between 3/1, 2/2, etc. Literally her sentry placement is one of the biggest strategic parts of her, and having to just always put them all on the point would be disappointing.

As regarding sentry health, you don’t need to buff their health. Just give them a shield that absorbs one attack, so they could survive a big explosion, but still be easily destroyed by concentrated fire. The shield could then regenerate in say, 8 seconds, if the sentry still lives.

9 Likes

I agree simply because it takes away the strategy of her kit

2 Likes

How about you try using her new kit first?

25 Likes

I disagree with Op. Stronger turrets that are even more powerful and can slow more?

You can throw them to counter mobility. Tracers are going to simply hate her now because the Turrets are not instant kill anymore. They take a tiny bit of focus when tracer cant afford to lose focus. At the same time, she is being slowed and damaged, forcing her to use her blinks or just die.

4 Likes

I don’t care if her turrets raise the dead back to life, it’s not her if it’s only 3 turrets.

It’s like taking the fist from Doomfist.

Also, I can’t test it since it’s not on a PTR. So I just have to go by what I know.

3 Likes

Yah it feels like if there are only 3 turrets I’ll have very little control over areas tHey are called sentry turrets for a reson sentry’s definition is a soldier or guard that linnets access to an area so it would seem odd to just have 3 that will die just as fast anyway if not faster instead of spreading them out and people having to look around and shoot them they will only have to hit 3 not 6 I would say this seems like more of a nerf to me but idk I’m just a sym main what would I know right.

1 Like

Where did this info come from? I hope not the devs because 3 turrets would be to easy to target and destroy.

1 Like

Did you guys even read what they did to her? They changed her more than Hanzo or any other hero in the history of Overwatch.

She is not even going to be close to what the old Sym was. This will be a new hero entirely.

It was right from a dev’s post. They plan to make her sentries stronger with more health, but limit you to three of them. Also they plan to let you shoot her turrets out at a long range rather than upclose placement.

All good stuff, but I’m really used to being able to set out sets of turrets in multiple locations. Three is just really limiting.

1 Like

The use of the turrets is moving away from being useless outside of glorified alarm systems.

Let’s see how people actually use them before complaining that you don’t have enough of them.

3 Likes

I see what you’re saying, with this, throwing a random turret on the ground might actually become a little more effective…But I’d rather have 4 instead of 3 personally…But where inn the forums are these rework notes? I can’t seem to find them…

The thing is it is taking away a lot of strategy and playstyle that she had available to her. I’m sure they will work out great but I’d rather have at least 4 to really keep some of her options open.

Also they were never just useless alarms, I use them to defend the main point, but also use them to cover side routes and help me taking out people. Also less turrets means more easily they are able to focus and take out all my defenses, unless they decide to give them a ton more health.

1 Like

Torbs single turret does quite a bit. Honestly they just need to reduce how long it takes to build and BUFF torb himself. And make his armor more unique.

It’s really easy to focus down his turret though, where as with Symmetra it’s a group of targets that takes time to all focus down unless you are Winston. With just 3 turrets it’s a lot easier to just focus and kill them.

keep clicking the Blizz Icon to keep going to next blizz post down.

We need to see how her reworked self fits into the meta to make a true argument. Besides im hoping he counters brig a little.

Considering how hard Brig counters us now, I don’t see it happening.

Brigitte just decimates in melee space.

I liked your comment noodle, it seemed reassuring what I read of it.

You are missing the point. This is dpswatch and they need another tank shredder.

they point of sym to have 6 turrets it was symmetrical so maybe give her 4 turrets instead like everything about her is precise