Symmetra needs a nerf

Didnt they rework her to 3.0 so that she isnt a niche hero anymore?
I dont get it, they said she is very niche to defense and they rework her as a dps so she can both Be useful in attack/defense.

I dont know about you but to me if the dev is saying this then their aim is to remove her from being a very niche hero.

So her being not so niche anymore is a good result of the rework dont you think? Unless you want to gatekeep her as a niche hero then thats another issue.

1 Like

Sym and doom are both totally busted and people are farming easy wins off of them right now. The game is unplayable unless you’re one of the people exploiting blizzard’s bad game design

2 Likes

Absolutely:

This is spot on. A 57% win rate is abnormally high. The duration of her team fight breaking ult is too long, for one. I’m not writing a doctoral thesis here. I’m simply stating what’s patently obvious…

1 Like

Soon symm will be back to doing less than her old noodle beam worth damage and you can forget she exists in the roster once ptr nerf hits live. =)

LOL @ JUNK . Not worth the tangent.

You know whats funny? Its a notable Pro who pointed it out. You just don’t get the tangent… so, maybe stop, and think, maybe you don’t know as much as you think on the question…

the issue is that the tp cd nerf made her at least as niche as she originally was by not being able to independently engage enemies, escape nor provide her core utility. they literally went back on their promise with the sigma which came with a slap on the face lie that the change will make tp “less restrictive”.

1 Like

I see comments on her winrate, but that number is only due to how she is a nice counter to double barrier. I’d still prefer if her coming damage nerf not apply to barriers (adding a passive to increase all damage against barriers to match what her overall nerf is). But the REAL solution is having other characters that work as well against barriers.

Basically, buff other heroes to work as well against barriers as her and you will see the winrates even out more.

Let me ask you a question. Have you checked Junkrat’s win rates? They are not close to what Symmetra’s are.

The win rates are reflective of the problem at hand. LOL.

Please understand what the actual issue is. It is a balance issue. It is not a damage output issue. LOL.

Junkrat does not have an outlier of a win rate, lol. That’s the point.

Do a Google and look for this article:
“Symmetra is just broken for some players. She had an overall 57-percent win rate throughout week one, which is way too much if we think a “balanced” hero should be near 50. It’s easy to hit opponents with her beam, maybe easier than it is with Zarya, and her map-wide shield ultimate is too strong in this shield meta.”

It’s actually becoming fairly obvious and there has been open acknowledgement that there is an imbalance issue with Symm’s current kit. Stop and think. Peace. :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

No, win rates just like pick rates are not the only barometer, sorry. JR is far worse in general, and has been for the longest time. Syms only getting a push due to double barrier, and this “fix”. There is no “issue” with a kit thats been like this forever until all of a sudden.

Stop and think yourself bro. The analysts agree with me, not you. The only “broken” also applies to Zarya, and its compounded by the popularity of Sigma and double shield. Maybe maintain context on what you read for better comprehension instead of blindly quoting statistics.

That’s one article, so tbh, it doesn’t mean much its one persons take on it. I’ll take a pro over some armchair writer any day thank you. Did the write touch on all the other characters with greater than 50% win rates and declare them “broken” as well?

FWIW, its not any easier with Syms beam than Zaryas that writer is full of you know what. Zaryas is definitely easier actually in large part due to a 25% greater length. I know, I run both.

The barrier btw will be unchanged in this meta, and that was about the most ridiculous comment in the article you quoted. We dont go instantly twisting the knobs off on a character a few weeks into a new meta because some people don’t like a given character.

Was the “fix” too much? Sure, I have agreed with that from the get-go, but in general she’s no worse than spam rat any day of the week who has mobility she can’t touch. The definite reality is some folks just cannot stand the idea of Sym being a good strong pick. Hanzo’s SA comes to mind as another in your face no more skill required melting tool… but thats still just a-ok…

Stop. And. Think. Your “acknowledgement” in one article is also countered by people with good reason to think otherwise.

If it weren’t we wouldn’t be having this discussion would we?

That’s in reality all it is about… damage output.

No, she doesn’t. Her turrets are easily killed by anyone with any game sense or basic ability to even play the game. She has no sustain and no mobility, her full DPS is only comparable to someone like McCree but requires time to charge up and is also short range, and she is predictable.

Symmetra is literally one of the easiest DPS heroes in the game to defeat.

1 Like

I’m sure the stats they are using are the ones the devs themselves provided. They said they needed to nerf Sym & Zarya because the bug fix made them do like 20%-40% more damage. And their original damage numbers were not balanced around that damage (they had no idea there even was a bug), which is why they are toning it down.

I couldn’t wait for the day to come-

Where people would ask to nerf one of the most defenseless and weakest dps heroes in the game.

Lol, no this is not about damage output. Having a bigger gun doesn’t equate a higher win rate. You’re straight up missing the point, again. The point, again, is a balance issue due to the state of symmetra’s current kit relative to the meta. Again, junk rat’s damage output is irrelevant. Pro tip, sometimes less is more…

Also, you seem to have a need to refer to analysts and pros agreeing with you to support your perspective, as if to validate your own opinion. I have little doubt that many pros and analysts (including those at Blizzard) believe that symmetra, in her current state, is relatively - however slightly - overpowered and in need of rebalancing. Again, damage output is not the issue. That’s merely one aspect of a hero’s kit. Lol… The fact that blizzard has chosen to implement a minor nerf to symmetra on the current ptr speaks volumes. Farewell, friend. Always “interesting” to see the diversity of perspectives… I will leave you to think more deeply about the definition of a complete and well-rounded kit and how that relates to in-game hero performance and win-rate percentage. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

except that’s actually an inaccurate action to take for those stats. they said it was an average increase, and if they really do mean an actual global average for the hero, then that means it didn’t factor out what the meta contributes to sym’s damage stat i.e. the fact that in this current meta sym can now have 195dps at the start of each fight simply because meta comps (mainly involving sigma) enable sym that much, despite before this meta, sym would only have access to her 195dps maybe like once in every 2+ fights and not at the start of the fight too.

even thinking about the bug fix logically, how can a bug fix that literally did not change the prescribed 65/130/195dps nor the hitbox registry of ticks could be the sole or main factor to cause such a large relative increase? like the bug fix only affects missing. are syms missing that much to cause this effect? if so, why would that warrant a nerf because if they’re missing that much, their original damage wouldn’t have been high in the 1st place and so the absolute change in damage would be either.

1 Like

You are simply wrong, and the experts agree with me, not you on this. Its not a “need”, is recognizing the fact that some people have a better eye than others. You dismiss them because you don’t agree; that’s okay, but the simply reality is that my point of view is shared by frankly people with more credibility to make an argument than you are providing so far beyond repeating the term “balance”. Saying “pro tip: less is more” is ridiculous quite frankly in terms of output. Anyone using the kiddy term “pro tip” quite frankly instantly batches themselves into the camp of people without a real way to convey their points effectively.

I have repeatedly said the nerf is in order, I am not defending that, but what I am saying is that Sym is not nearly the bogeyman people are making out if you stop and compare her to other DPS characters with equal or more damage and greater mobility… its frankly tunnel vision. I realize you cannot be reasoned with so we are done here, but please stop and think as well and meditate on the actual real value these different kits provide in relation to one another rather than focusing down the FOTM you don’t like first. You are simply kidding yourself if this ultimately is not a damage issue, if it weren’t you wouldn’t be pimping the nerf its the key factor here in what people are concened about, there was no “balance issue” you like to keep describing beyond that at the moment… You really think you have this cornered, in a quorum of far more experienced in judging relative merits of kits its obvious you don’t have this thought through.

Come back when you have a cogent argument, not a smug stance with nothing behind it.

Enjoy! :smile_cat:

LOL. What a joke…

There is a legit article right now… Do a google on these keywords: “stats-show-best-overwatch-heroes-every-role-1016369”

Across 6 of the 7 total tiers, the damage hero with the #1 win rate is SYMMETRA.
This is no accident, and reflects what is obvious to the devs and MOST players.
This is not random at all. Symmetra is, sadly, somewhat broken.

Symmetra is out of whack at this point in time, as was my point in creating this post initially. This is reflected by the stats. There is a real imbalance due to her overall kit and the state of the game at this time.

Some people like to push their opinion irrespective of facts. What a joke. LOL.

Spend some time thinking about the reality of the situation, please, instead of responding for the sake of responding.

For the last time, this is not about damage output. Junk is not OP because he puts out a lot of damage. lol…

You too mate. Your missing the point entirely it seems, and see more interested in pushing a single view than one that sees a bit bigger picture. Facts are just that, facts. What we make of them is the context applied.

You need to think about this more yourself, you’re still missing the point. Pick and win rates are some of the worst to base arguments off of, but I guess you DIDN’T know this…

I will repeat it once more for you: She and Zarya (and Moira and Winston) are all getting a nerf; shes too strong and so is Zarya particularly.

However, given her output, if you compare her to say JR with a lot more damage output AND mobility, maybe, she’s not really that bad and doesn’t need serious nerfing. Where were you win her win/pick rates were worse? Hm, yeah, what I thought…