Symmetra mains. What's your verdict on this buff?

They should give Symmetra 50 more base hp (150 hp, 100 shield).
She works JUST like Mei with high utility low kill potential unless ignored, because then you just wipe everyone.

2 Likes

I am not aggressively asserting my point of view. You can ask anyone in here that has played Symmetra and will say her survivability is horrid. It is no where as fine compared to 2.0.

1 Like

Her surviveability is not that bad. If you play 3.0 correctly anyway.

You use your turrets to cover your flanks, not to create a cluster on the backwall 24/7. With your flanks covered you can spam orbs at a distance and be fine (and have a solid impact because those orbs are basically junk grenades). If a ranged hero pokes you you hide, if a flanker approaches you already have the upperhand since your turrets are designed to protect you moreso than disrupt the enemy advance. And then when your team gets a pickoff and it’s safer to push in, then you get to snowball with your beam

Am I seriously the only sym main who uses my turrets to protect myself instead of solely using the like 2.0 turrets?

Sure, I throw the turrets behind the enemies once I already have an advantage. But before that advantage I use them to cover flanks and spam orbs and it keeps me alive extremely well. And if I am truly threatened, then I can TP away while the turrets distract the enemy.

I don’t disagree she needs more surviveability, but you saying she has 0 is just painfully wrong. Her surviveability is comparable to McCree. She can poke at a distance (and being at a distance is obviously a benefit to your surviveability), and if you try to jump her, just like McCree has his flashbang, Symmetra has her turrets to protect her. And if her turrets aren’t enough she has TP to get out as well

I know it’s not the same as a raw HP increase like shield gen, or a literal barrier like PB, but danger = fear, fear = hesitation, hesitation = escape time for Symmetra

Believe me it took me like 2 months to get myself into the habit of using her like that and stop doing bad habits that worked with 2.0 but not 3.0, but it works a lot of the time.

This is why I say her surviveability is “not as bad”. Again, like with everything, Symmetra is a very unconventional hero, but if you’re creative she works really well

And again, I can’t stress enough, I agree she needs more surviveability. This strategy is far from fullproof. But It’s definitely a valid defense, and it has definitely kept me alive more than a few times

13 Likes

Tweak adds nothing of major note to her. Still takes far too long in real world situations against combatants to do anything significant damage wise, and she still has all her other problems with her kit function+ survivability.

2 Likes

If it doesn’t change the fact that playing her is a bannable offense, kinda doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

When you put it that way I see your point. I too sometimes use my turrets to keep myself alive. I just want Symmetra to get more love than just this.

1 Like

Agreed. I say we let this beam change settle for this balance cycle and see how it affects her, then by next ptr cycle we should look at her HP next.

1 Like

Preach sister, Im saving this post for all these so call Sym mains that are asking for a revert

2 Likes

It’s ok, but I’d rather have a lower cooldown for my turrets, or at least add one or two that they took away.

Can someone explain the ice wall change? Does this mean that Symm can now charge her primary fire on Mei’s ice wall?

1 Like

Yes (its a bug fix actually)

1 Like

I love it. Now just increase teleporter interact radius a bit, and have teleporter placement ignore railings and very close objects and I might think she was done.

Nice! :slight_smile:

I’m no Symmetra player, but her TP needs to ignore railings. There are so many times where you need to place a TP (especially when you need it quickly) and railings prevent you from doing so.

7 Likes

So… 1.6 secondes for lvl up ?

3.2 secondes instead of 4 secondes to full charge it !

It’s cool for small target but i think right click will still be better for that and she’s going to do more damage overall to tank with the left click so it’s okay i guess…

However 10 secondes for a single sentrie still make no sense to me

1 Like

It’s a good start. Her ramp up time now is good.
I still think she can get a little more buff on her TP and turret. Maybe decrease deploy time of TP a little bit. Increase turret travel time or make it indestructible while flying. And that would be perfect.

I think it’s good, it’s not as substantial as change. I think the goal is to see if you have a better perception on the primary (her main problem).

I would have preferred as a further buff the possibility to recharge not only on the shields but also on the hp shield and temporary barriers hp to create more desirable targets, or an acceleration of the teleport dispatch, but maybe you proceed with small steps as it was done for doomfist;)

2 Likes

I think is not quite she need, but will help her, i still think a better initial damage and better teleport would help her more.

1 Like

Its pretty good, i like it

1 Like

they need to buff the speed of the TP start up, so its a reliable escape

1 Like