Symmetra mains were scammed

I’m more concerned with the fact that Symmetra was viable for ONE WEEK before she was nerfed into the ground where Blizzard apparently thinks she belongs, while Genji, every 12-year-old’s and weeb’s favorite hero, gets so many buffs at once that he catapults into absolute insanity, but he gets to remain untouched for, what, two months?

10 Likes

It would have been better if the skills sym 2.0 used were on other hero’s. But so many things I had been optimizing just became obsolete with the rework.

This caused me to fall from gm to masters. And later to diamond with the infinite tp. Which really sucked because my favorite part of this game was the really nice community at the gm level

3 Likes

Symmetra mains are very decent people
never met Sym main that not unique
there is many Gengi and Tracer and Widows most of them are terrible.
but Sym players are something else. this hero need more than buff

5 Likes

ok

i prefer new sym anyways

2 Likes

Would love to see actual evidence that supports all these claims.

Wrong. The fact that a hero has had a high win rate throughout their life has absolutely zero connection with whether said hero is actually liked amongst people of a specific community and especially not amongst the entire player base.

High win rates are actually inversely proportional most of the times to even a hero’s pick rates due to heroes who are situational by design, such as Symmetra 2.0, naturally having a low pick rate and high win rate.

And even if this flawed logic of yours is true, it still makes no sense because you’re comparing one of, if not the most balanced situational heroes in this Ham’s history (2.0) to a blatantly numerically underpowered hero such as 3.0…

And 3.0 still defeated 2.0’s stats when she was the closest to numerically balanced during the Double Shield META.

Yeah, if we exclude the terrible “low skill = high reward” nature of 2.0, how utterly frustrating she was to play against and her blatantly situational nature, along with all other fundamental design problems that led to her rightful rework years ago, I guess the 2.0 rework did ““work””… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

It wasn’t even close to ““unwarranted””, but anyways…

Just the same old misinformation thrown around once again… I won’t even bother…

No one was scammed. It is written in the official Terms and Conditions that you automatically agree to when you buy the game that it may receive changes without prior notice.

You have no one but yourself to blame for not reading the Terms and not finally getting over 2.0… 2 entire years after she was reworked…

1 Like

Then don’t? No one asked.

Sure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SymmetraMains/comments/hs04oa/do_you_prefer_20_or_30/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

3 Likes

All of the surveys/polls provided are not even close to being classified as evidence in the first place, due to the extremely low number of responses and the fact that they have been created in platforms which in no way represent the actual player base, as they’re either filled with Support mains or outright with former Symmetra 2.0 mains.

I don’t like where this is going.

1 Like

It literally came from the Symmetra reddit… Actual Symmetra players voted. Yes the number will be small???

And that just isn’t true. A lot of them still prefer 3.0 but the majority would like a mix of the two. I can get on board with that.

1 Like

That’s the problem. Only Symmetra players voted, tons of which have already been proven from other suveys in the exact same subreddit to be former Symmetra 2.0 mains.

Again, I have still to see any actual evidence which supports such a claim.

1 Like

I will never forgive blizzard for taking Symmetra 2.0 from me. She was the reason I played so much overwatch nonstop, I loved her so much, both in character design and gameplay, I found her interesting and fun to play, despite the hatred I got for being a “Symmetra one trick”.

I miss her, sometimes I watch my old POTG’s of Sym2.0 and get genuinely upset it feels like they took my best friend from me and all I have left is a robotic replacement that doesn’t feel the same lmao

9 Likes

I like sym 3.0.1 version better

Sym 2.0 had its problems too. Turrets with 1HP and short deploy range, made it very difficult to rebuild your defense during fights. Relaying on getting her ult as fast as possible to get any form of value for the team. Unreliable ranged attack/poke with alt-fire, and low survivability for being a melee/close range hero.

Sym 3.0 fixed most of these problems. I wished they’ve kept the Shield Gen as the ult tho and only did the other changes they did.

The increase range and damage on her primary-fire was a good change, faster alt-fire for more reliable poke was also good. (I personally have no problem with the removal of the old photon barrier as it had also issues, if it where like Sigma’s current shield then photon barrier would be amazing, but Sigma can have that one, more love for tanks in the end.)

Moving the TP to an normal ability made it more useful and also allowed some creative utility and unlocked some cool team comp synergy. Improved turrets with unlimited deploy ranged was a god sent and also they got 30HP instead of 1HP.

Overall 3.0 is a better version of Sym in most aspects, the only thing I wish is that she was still support, so I could play her mor in this era of 2-2-2, I used to play Sym and later switch to a mercy or moira when needed before 2-2-2. But whatever, I play this game less and less and probbly will move on to other games, OW is not what it used to be, but thats ok I guess, if we stop enjoying OW, we can always just stop playing the game and let it retire like most other games.

/xoxo

2 Likes

Bruh. My survey was responded to by like 90 non symmetra mains. At least go read the data. Yes my demographic was the forums but I think it could be a representative sample of at least forum users. But while its low it was answered by people who find the game fun enough to come to forums which tells me those people will have similar opinions to most.

1 Like

I mean, with old Sym I at least respected her close range. I honestly don’t care about that anymore, she might do more damage but since it’s harder to track I’m likely to come out on top anyway. :laughing:

Also, considering people whine about double shield it’s ironic one of the best secondaries for dealing with it was removed.

1 Like

Ironically she’d probably contribute to the issue. You destroy both Shields and she places the emergency third one…
Why did they make her ult the shield…

Great. The data you provided are kind of representative of the opinions Forum users and nothing more (which by itself doesn’t say a lot and in no way suddenly turns the surveys provided to actual evidence which supports the original claim of Symmetra 2.0 being ““preferred”” by the majority of users, etc. Personally, I’m 1000% sure the exact opposite is actually true if my perspective were to be considered).

You should had phrased it that way then, because no amount of stretching is going to account for the fact that not only the amount of participants was still low even by Forums standards, the Forums themselves simply do not fairly represent the game’s player base as a whole and that’s a fact. The over - proportional amount of Support players here is just one of the many reasons why.

Well out of the sym poll on reddit and both the surveys above, Sym mains preferred 2.0 in a heavy majority. It actually tended to be non sym players that preferred 3.0. I think that says a lot about Sym mains as a demographic and what they want.

She’s better right now. I remember people telling me I couldn’t aim and her gun carried the game… and when I do good on her I know that wasn’t true!

1 Like

Great. The majority of the 2% of the game’s total player base prefer Symmetra 2.0 as ““proven”” by a single survey with 150 votes on the Symmetra subreddit.

In what world exactly does that warranty any change being made??

I really miss her lock-on beam, it was the big thing I loved about her, but if they were ever going to make her ‘good’ it probably needed to go. People whine about Moira having a beam which does much less damage and not even being lock-on, can you imagine the outrage if Sym ever became highly picked while having an -actual- lock-on?

Thankfully that was never an issue because the only time she was ever at risk of becoming a popular pick she was nerfed within -days-.

1 Like