Symmetra is NOT a healer

Can we please stop with this whole “Syms identity” nonsense?

If anything she is LITERALLY the only support that couldnt (and shouldnt imo) heal, thats her true identity, a shield and utility support.

But Im sure most of us agree that she should be a support :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

#supportsymm <20cha>

9 Likes

im fine with her being a support as long as she doesn’t heal.

1 Like

Don’t lie you just want shield generator back+junkrat voiceline

But…
Who doesn’t at the end of the day

1 Like

She does have regeneration

Why not have shields/utility and healing? a balance between the two. Just like how Zenyatta is a healer with a focus on damage and damage amplification.

8 Likes

This is what I want! Low healing output like zen so she can still be focused on damage and utility.

Although it may have worked back then, it wouldn’t work now with how high the damage is.

Because damage is so high we need a lot of healing, which is why lucio and zenyatta fall down the ladder. She has to have healing if she is gonna be a support again

Healing is merely the simplest (and I daresay brain-dead) option for a support.

For example, how about this:

Personal teleporter (passive): as long as Symmetra is alive she acts as a teleporting beacon. The entry point is placed in the team’s spawn room. A player who uses it will be teleported to Symmetra’s current location.

Instant budget mass rez - nothing else needs change and she’d be a terrific support.

1 Like

Lets keep her as a utility dps. If people want supports to heal let’s find new heroes that have lore that backs up healing.

1 Like

If she blocked enough damage through applying shields to people she would justify a support slot.

And all you will yelling again at Symm mains hard throwing because she takes a healer spot especially in 2-2-2.

Wouldn’t that be a little too strong? I dont see a cooldown for it, and all symmetra has to do is hide and let the rest of her team teleport to her. Another case of a character being used for the wrong reason

But, but, but … wasn’t the argument that you can’t be an effective support without healing?

This would definitely be a support ability, definitely isn’t healing, so by that logic it’d be impossible that it’d make the hero too strong, surely?

IOW, that was exactly the point I wanted to make: you can have support abilities that are not healing, yet are still very strong and a reason to take a hero for those.

Also, I don’t understand why that would be taking the character “for the wrong reason”. It’d be a stronger version of the teleporter she had as ult in 1.0 and 2.0. Why would that be a wrong reason?

Because she would only be used to hide and let the team come back. I can already see the toxicity towards symmetra

“Why weren’t you hiding?!” “Switch off right now if you can’t hide!”

I’m not saying that’s the ability should get. I’m saying that it would be perfectly feasible to come up with ideas for support abilities that are NOT healing.

(And besides, a team that would say that would be hard stuck in low ranks since they’d continually be fighting 5-vs-6 battles.)

They should try to make her a shield based support first. There are plenty of ideas on the forum.
But if really doesn’t work I would prefer healing Sym over this trashy DPS Sym.

Sym 1.0 was a shield based support. It didnt work back then, and the game is more lethal now. Just look how much Zen is struggling without getting any changes to healing or survivability since then.

Keep in mind when people say they want Sym as a healer they mostly just want Sym to be labeled as a support.

I don’t think it is the healing they care about but rather her role.

:no_good_woman:t6: she might be!