Symmetra in overwatch

It’s funny that sym had one of the most accepted reworks, that actually expanded the character, and then one of the worst reworks. Wonder what the devs were thinking

35 Likes

I find her current state the best she has ever had. Would hate to see her changed back to the passive playstyle she use to have.

48 Likes

i find it ridiculous that they still didnt fix her core issue of so much of her kit being reliant on charge up wind up and building time but actually made it worse, she had one instant value reaction based ability before her E barrier now nothin.

36 Likes

Winrate and Pickrate went down -> best state she has ever had

36 Likes

I’m still salty about the fact they didn’t try any changes to her 2.0 kit before reworking

35 Likes

It makes me wonder how did it even got a pass. Everything with it is wrong except being able to throw sentries.

8 Likes

At that time Blizz hated Sym sooo much that they never attempted to adjust anything, that’s why she’s been reworked twice.

7 Likes

I can agree with you that a revert would be stupid. It would just screw the people that like 3.0. But the people that actually loved sym 2.0 didn’t deserve this kind of treatment from the devs

Your congratulating a rework that would be the equivalent of sym 3.0 to 2.0. Nothing has changed your just on the other side of the coin

14 Likes

Sym is good right now, people are just ignorant

3 Likes

A good character can have a bad rework

4 Likes

Now you just sound like Michael jackson on southpark

3 Likes

I just wish they’d think again because if they leave her where she is now she will forever be at odds with herself.

“I’m a builder turret hero that needs to be up close and personal to use my main gun, I need loads of time to charge it up on an enemy, it has a smaller size than Zarya’s beam, I have a fraction of Zarya’s health and about the same mobility (none). Guess I’m fixed!!!” - said no sym main ever.

12 Likes

How? She’s in a state where she’s actually viable on attacking and defense…

5 Likes

Even if she is “good” does not mean we have to like the rework. I really, really liked Sym 2.0. A lot. But she is now gone and I can no longer use her or the move set she had.

I miss what she was and don’t care what she is like now because I do not enjoy her like I use too and have basically stopped playing her because of how she was reworked.

10 Likes

For me, some1 who didnt enjoy her old kit but enjoy this one … it was a good rework

Granted they changed her ALOT but people need to learn to adapt. This may not be 1 but way too many threads saying she needs buffs/changes when shes in a good place in terms of balance

It does suck for 2.0 players that they basically lost their character but shouldnt take anything away from what she offers in her current state

1 Like

She became a lot worse on defense. Sym 2.0 had an extremely strong niche

15 Likes

Its not a matter of the treatment of the players who loved her.

Regardless of the fanbase, if a character is proven to be unhealthy for the game as a whole then adjustments have to be made as leaving them in that state makes the experience of majority of the playerbase worse for it.

1 Like

Yeah adjustments not scrap everything

11 Likes

Sym 2.0 is a viable due to her versatility in her kit… you can sit there and spam orbs on defense or let your turrets do the work, flank with your turret bomb and get a quick kill on attack, I don’t see how she got worse :confused:

She has the highest winrate in the game right now?