Symmetra got MULTIPLE shadow nerfs

Primary charge decay is a second sooner AND got a damage reduction.

Secondary wasn’t directly nerfed but the orbs are still predictable and too slow to duel in a fight and 90 dmg every 1 second is easily out healed.

Turrets have a damage reduction and a slow reduction.

TP not directly nerfed but struggles to deploys where you want it and still can’t be placed on some railings like the glass railings in Circuit Royal.

Photon Barrier. Self explanatory.

You know, at the very least have the gall to admit the changes in a patch notes or something instead of total silence. She was already gutted into a TP taxi for all of OWL and most of OW1, then you go beating the dead horse.

14 Likes

They just need to stop shadow nerfing. It’s tacky and rude to the players. Either revert the nerfs OR make a statement (like an updated patch notes) clearly stating what was changed.

3 Likes

The primary fire dmg numbers are completely fine, the first one you showed has you put her dps at 82.6 dmg, but the actual time to kill is exactly as the math with her current numbers should be with .04 difference in timing which can be called human error at best

60 dps for the first 1.33 seconds and 120 after so

so 74.04 dmg in the first 1.33 seconds and and than from there it takes 1.05 seconds to kill which puts the timing at 2.38 seconds (their timing was 2.42 so we can put this as human error)

The second example with the third one ignores the change that has existed since symm’s rework in order to combat an exploit with her beam where you could just flash it to shred through enemies so for a short period when attacking a new enemy the dmg of her beam is reduced, normally it’ll only be a 23 dmg reduction overall but if timed right which I think you did will result in a 46 dmg reduction and if we add that to the 200 health pool for 246 dmg total divided by your 1.37 second time puts her right at 180 with less than .5 dmg difference which could be accounted for as again human error in the timing creating such a minute difference

The slow reduction isn’t a stealth nerf, it was listed but the damage reduction 100% was

Yeah this has always been annoying, they’ve tried before to make it better but its always been hit or miss with stuff like her tp mei’s wall and reapers tp

Edit: I didn’t want to mention it until I tested it myself and made sure it wasn’t mentioned in any patch notes but yes it seems the decay time is faster, Im gonna keep looking to make sure cause I also don’t remember them seeing them ever buff it and I don’t remember it lasting 6 seconds in her previous forms

Second Edit: The decay time was not shadow nerfed, the decay time instead was assumed buffed

In the experimental patch of August 2020 Symmetra was given 2 buffs one of them being increasing the time of decay from 2 seconds per level to 4 seconds, this buff never made it through to the live game but it was assumed to have been

Experimental:

What went live:

3 Likes

They obviously aren’t happy with her and don’t want her to be viable as is. For the life of me, I can’t understand why they don’t just commit to another rework instead of shadily chipping away with nerfs.

1 Like

Definitely Blizzard and the developers hate Symmetra, for them it is a design error, and they don’t even have an idea what to do with her, if they were up to them, they would even delete her from the cast of heroes.

To give you an example, Phara is a hero that does not require skill, and with an easy aim, each missile does almost 200 damage, they nerf Symmetra’s orb because it did similar damage, but Phara is left as is, which Currently, she breaks the game and disables many heroes, she really needs a nerf, not Symmetra.

3 Likes

I mean, no one else has a damage reduction after aiming at another hero. The other two beams, Zarya and Echo, do not have this implemented. There’s no exploit, just unreasonable limitations.

I have zero misfires with those abilities where as Symmetra’s TP just places wherever it damn well pleases half of the time.

Secondary Fire

• Max damage reduced from 140 to 120

Thats the only listed change in both of those links for Symmetra which is a nerf.

I saw someone joke about legacy OW1 characters being intentionally weak so you’d be more likely to play the new heroes and I can’t help but support the theory.

Genji has entered the chat. Honestly its quite clear no efforts were put into balancing the heroes for the new 5v5 format.

3 Likes

Speaken like someone who never saw what happened on the pts, it was absolutely an exploit as she was killing enemies much much faster than she was supposed to

Here’s a video of how insane the exploit was in action

Edit: I also want to add notice how most of those videos of her shredding enemies was with a level 1 or 2 beam at most (this is easily confirmed as symmetra’s beam level is shown on her gun) not even the level 3 beam

This is because they couldn’t abuse it to the same level Symmetra could as their tick rates are in much smaller amounts compared to symmetra who has a lot more dmg per tick, they can still do it however (its most obvious to test with Zarya), go into the practice range and beam down a bot with zarya it’ll take a little over 50 ammo at zero charge, than do it again but just spamming the m1, it’ll take about 40 ammo from zarya instead, you could make the argument that symmetra do a lot less dmg per tick in order to remove this dmg reduction if you’d like however it doesn’t change that this exploit and similar ones exist for all precision hitscan beams, even for one like moira’s which functions in a different manner to most beams has a similar exploit in order to recharge healing ammo quicker that’s been talked about many times

Literally, scroll down, or use the find in page button, at the bottom of the page for the experimental patch is the symmetra change I’m talking of, here’s the screenshots, from those 2 links that i sent

2 Likes

I totally forgot about that, I misunderstood what you meant the first time.

Straight up my bad. Def doesn’t feel like it lasts that long anyways though.

1 Like

I thought it was strange when people were claiming that her beam damage was nerfed. I’ve been testing it against a roadhog in the training room for the last 30 mins and have consistently ended up at ~170 DPS when at max charge. I believe the other 10 dps could be related to human error and the 1st tick of damage doing less than the rest.

1 Like

Wow watching that sentry killing that bot made me yawn. Seriously it does about 30 dmg and we have to wait for 8 secs for another one and the worst is that gets destroyed with one melee.

Who in the right mind did this balance. What value does it even provide?.

She needs a major rework.

1 Like

I mean sentries have been getting nerfed for 5 years, they are in theory good as a flexible dps tool but… yeah.

1 Like

Be nice, the bronze devs are scared of her

1 Like

They should fix these imo. It would be nice to hear from devs if these changes are intentional or not.

The accross the board damage reductions feel silly when we have heroes like genji or Sojourn and there damahe potentials.

The beam already takes a bunch of effort to rank up. I would hope they address these soon.

4 Likes

Thank god she got nerfs, the worst designed hero of this game.

1 Like

What would you change her to make her better designed?

You’ve obviously never played Doomfist lol