Symmetra changes that can actually work

As title says, I got whole list of stuff that can work. If only the devs can actually see things like this and actually try them.

So here it is:
Symmetra
General

• Hit volumes for all body parts trimmed

Introducing new passive: Shield Bending
Description

• Hitting Barriers with your Primary Fire restores your ammo and Natural Shields
  • Ammo
    • Kept the same, gains 7 ammo per second
  • Natural Shields
    • Restores 7 sps (shields per second
    • Does not grant ultimate charge for Symmetra
    • Cannot be combo’d with natural Shield Regeneration,
    • Both functions are disabled if hacked

Photon Projector (Primary Fire)

• Time to ramp in power increased to 1.75 seconds
  • Time for power decay increased to 3 seconds
  • Damage Levels changed from 60/120/180 to 75/125/175

Photon Projector (Secondary Fire)

• Damage reduced from 140 to 100
  • Now Pierces Barriers when in Level 3

Sentry Turret

• Slowing effect now caps at 50%
    • Having more than 3 turrets on the same enemy does not exceed 50%
    • Including No Limits where 18 turrets can hit at once. It will not surpass 50%.
  • Cooldown reduced to 9 seconds

Teleporter

• Range reduced from 30 to 28 meters
  • Now halves cooldown when manually destroyed
  • Cooldown increased to 16 seconds
    • If destroyed via unknown means (such as unlevel ground) the Teleporter is refunded
    • Destroyed by enemy fire, the 40 meter limit, or the Ability 2 key will not grant a refund
      • Or just fix the bug plz
  • Cast time reduced from 2 to 1.25 seconds

Photon Barrier

• Duration increased to 13 seconds

Console Only
Sentry Turret

• Damage reduced from 30 to 29

PC Only
Sentry Turret

• Damage reduced from 40 to 38

I think that no matter what, Turrets will always be an essential part of Symmetras kit. And to be be fair they will always be strong. Even if they nerfed it’s dps, its slowing effect and icon to locate enemies is useful.
But its time we draw some of that power, and give her a self/Team sustainability, and more versatility amongst herself, while being able to have solo potential
And fixing the tp lol.

Having level 3 orbs pierce i think a great way to ensure that when DB exists, Symmetra and Doomfist will always be the superior counters.

While they did nerf Doomfist, im not focusing on him because the community in my pov likes Doomfist more than Symmetra. Also because I know nothing on doom

so basically orbs lose 40 damage for nothing whilst still being inconsistent to land because they’re so slow. and this will be a massive nerf because orbs are what sym can use most of the time unlike her primary.

a guaranteed 8s down time on tp is still a pretty long time esp when comparing to old 3.0 tp which had a better down time which has been shown to be objectively fine across various metas.

12 Likes

From almost every sym main, and Arcadium, the face of Sym in forums all agreed that her orbs dont need to be faster. I personally dont think they need to be faster

Then adding self sustainability, 4 seconds off TP cooldown, which is already better than current, something has to be nerfed.

Id rather have a viable sym than a meta one

Pretty sure it’s the minority of sym mains that say current orb speed is fine. heck even arcadium acknowledged that their opinion regarding orb speed is the minority.

I see the need for them to be faster since even at 15m range they give enemies 0.6s to reactively dodge them. in that time most heroes can travel 3.3m which is longer than the splash radius of orbs. further comparing with other projectiles,

and those projectiles don’t have a sniper-like charge time on them. like if a weapon is to have a low fire rate, at least it should more “aimable”.

“4s off tp cooldown” isn’t really much when you’re nerfing orbs, primary charge time also nerfed for the primary passive and most importantly, when you consider the fact that old 3.0 tp was still much more frequent yet was objectively fine for the >1yr we had it across various metas.

like there really isn’t a reason to have a long serial cd on tp when we’ve had a more parallelised one that was better and actually have shown that it was fine.

4 Likes

No offense,but these changes would make her even worse than she already is.

What she actually needs is:

• Teleporter reverted to temporary one.
  • Primary fire damage increased from 60/120/180 to 80/120/180
  • Secondary fire damage reverted to 120,but now it has increased projectile speed
  • Turret damage reverted to 50
  • Ultimate duration reverted to 15 seconds
7 Likes

So Release 3.0 sym

I mean… i guess. It wouldn’t be my favorite. Theres are lots of possibilities. I just dont think reverts are always the solution. And the big issues, Like having a massive hitbox for 12 meters with no self sustainability.

Id rather take the release 3.0 symmetry than what we currently have!

2 Likes

I only nerfed primary as

1. They have to trim her hitbox, that should be the priority above all else
  2. A self sustain.

Basically it creates less risk, but still faster from her release.

With that one poll on another thread, people said they wanted 2.0 & 3.0 combined, and Saw as the perfect opportunity to gain feedback on this

I WISH I can do this in workshop. But from my knowledge in it, its not possible, even to try get her 3.0 Release state

while I appreciate the thought, I don’t think drawing too much influence from sym2.0 is necessarily a healthy idea.

e.g. nerfing orbs globally just to fit in a pierce mechanic based on charge that sym is going to struggle to get and maintain regardless of the regen passive (she’s going to need a team pocket in either case) you’re proposing doesn’t really make sense tbh.

esp when you consider that if you already got lvl 3 for primary, why would you switch to 1s charge up orbs? like outside of double shield, the only reason I can think of is like finishing a kill on a target that got >12m away which is very niche. in double shield it’s like, why shoot 2 orbs then need to go back to primary to maintain charge to repeat when you can just tp behind and get a pick with 175dps?

as for tp changes, I’ve already laid out why those would be still really underpowered anyways. like I know a lot of people have this excessive fear about team tps, but people need to realise that such a fear is really excessive when we look back to how people played and how sym performed during the long period across various metas in which sym had old 3.0 tp (the most frequent tp she’s had thus far and is still more frequent than your proposed one).

1 Like

not gonna lie most of these changes are terrible.

Her turrets are already next to useless and you want to nerf them even more?

Secondary fire damage reduction why? Its sooo easy to dodge as it is. I can see a damage reduction with a much faster speed AND ability to pierce barriers at full charge.

Imo all she needs are her hitbox fixing and some sort of buff to turrets to allow them to be used more aggressively ie instant activation or invincible in flight etc.

2 Likes

THATS the main feedback I wanted. I’d say half of this WAS to fit in the Pierce effect. Literally just because Double Barrier exists.
THATS what I wanted to hear, thanks :slight_smile:

That is also the infinite teleporter. Its nice to come back from spawn sooner, but should Sym overall loose the infinite mechanic?

theoretically she doesn’t HAVE to lose it, but finding a tp cd mechanic that has a good balance between demanding commitment to a placement vs having tp not have a long down time i.e. not having tp cast frequency too low will be difficult.

so far the neatest idea I’ve seen for such a mechanic is Arcadium’s one of 12s cd starting on placement but pauses when 6s is left until destruction. it doesn’t always match the cast frequency of old 3.0 tp (not that that benchmark is perfect), but it gets somewhere close which I think it can work (at least be worth a try).

otherwise, there’s always the safe option of reverting to old 3.0 tp which we know is defs balanced already as it was a pretty good deal (it wasn’t perfect but it was a decent deal).

happy to help :slight_smile:

These don’t help with what symmetra struggles with and honestly are nerfs overall. Like seriously

Okay, hardly noticable.

Not sure why it would when it already doesn’t when used on enemy Barriers.

Kinda pointless then.

If that means both restoring 7 hps as well as her normal shield health regeneration then that’s just a huge nerf to her already low survivability

No that doesn’t really help fix what’s wrong with her Primary Fire, in fact, it’ll make it more inconsistent and harder to kill enemies if it take an additional .42 seconds to charge up.

No

Her sentry Turrets are already the weakest part of her kit and are pathetic. They don’t need nerfs they need buffs.

Again, unnecessary nerfs

NO! in fact they need to revert it back to 34, literally no one asked from them to lower the damage from -15 to -25%. Again there already easy to deal with. there’s no reason to nerf something that’s already bad.

Except they aren’t lol unless you’re a silver ranked player who just ignores them and continue to walk into them and not destroy them.

Reverts to nerfs would literally be the 2nd best solution for Symmetra aside from ability cooldowns reduced (without unnecessary compensation nerfs).

2 Likes

Looking to delete, because ive gotten enough feedback to form something else :slight_smile:

Reverting to Sym 3.0 still wont solve the overall problems Sym had in that moment which are basically the same that now.

Okay, this is epic.