Symmetra 2.0 rework concept

This is my 3rd concept about reworking Symmetra. My previous ones can be found here and here. Let’s get started:

Passive: Shield Aura

• Allies within 20m of Symmetra gain 25 permanent shields.

Primary: Photon Projector

• Damage reduced from 30/60/120 to 30/60/90

Secondary: Photon Projector

• Charge time reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds

First ability: Photon barrier

• Cooldown reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds

• HP reduced from 1050 to 350

• Size increased by 15%

• Press E again to stop the barrier

Second ability: Turret

• Has now 3 damage turrets and 3 healing turrets. They have seperate cooldowns.

• Turrets are now a throwable projectile

• Work like discord orb and harmony orb. When targeted on an enemy Symmetra throws a damage turrtet. When targeted on a team mate Symmetra throws a healing turrets

• Those turrets will fly until they reach their target and then start doing damage/heal

• When all of her damage/healing turrets are on the field and Symmetra choses a new target the turret on the fittest player (based on percentage) will leave and fly to the new target. (If this happens her animation could be her left arm pointing at the new target).

• Turrets fly 3 meters above their targets (Melee is 2.5 meters) and are not effected by mobility abilities. (Exemple: If Tracer uses blink the turret will not get teleported too. Instead it will just follow Tracer until it reaches her again)

• HP increased from 1 to 60

• Cast time is 0.5 seconds

• Turrets travel at 15 m/s

• Damage increased from 30/s to 40/s

• Healing: 40/s

• They are stackable

• Dagaming turrets will reveal their target’s to Symmetra and her team through walls

• Cooldown reduced from 10 to 6 seconds.

• If the target dies the turrets will fly to the nearest player

Ultimate: Teleporter

• Can be placed at up to 20 meters away from symmetra

• Can be picked up again to refund ult charge (based on how many charges were left)

• Allies can see her Teleporter through walls

Ultimate: Shield Generator

• Gives 50 shields down from 75

• Can be placed at up to 20 meters away from symmetra

• Can be picked up again to refund ult charge

• Now has a visiual indicator

• Allies can see her Shield Generator thorugh wall

This rework has 2 goals: Make her a healer. Although I’m more for a non-healing Symmetra I tried to fix what the devs once called “weird” about healing turrets. She no longer places her turrets. Her turrets now fly to their targets just like Zen’s orbs and they’re not stationary objects anymore.

The second goal was to make her ults feel more fluid. She can now change between her ults if needed. You team died and you have a SG up? Just place a TP quick.
She can also destroy her teleporter if it has only 1 charge less to charge a new and fresh teleporter.
The rest of her kit remains more or less the same. I reduced her damage because 120 guranteed damage is too high for a support.
Her barrier has a lower cooldown and is more effectiv in protecting your team.

5 Likes

Her Primary, as a DPS is already weak as it is because you need to be tracking perfectly to do the full damage, in higher elo that’s extremely difficult to do. The damage nerf seems off.

I don’t think the charge time is the issue on her secondary, I think the orb speed perphas needs to move faster. I like the right click the way it is, it lets me send out orbs at different times as I use teleport harass a choke

I like photon barrier and I miss it a lot, but I think teleporter is more reliable than photon barrier. I think teleporter should be used more efficiently or quicker or better, MAKE IT A PORTAL THROUGH WALLS, it’s hard sometimes to put on ledges when there’s something right next to it.

I like the way turret it is, I think itself it’s fine. No heals needed.

Ultimate ability, the wall, is the best creation ever made, this is the chance where you use your primary to clean out enemies while dancing between walls. What I don’t like about it is melee can kill me when I’m dancing in between which is quite lethal, but every ult needs some sort of counter.

The fires of support Sym have been well and truly STOKED! MUWHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

It locks on again.
This is a concept about Symmetra 2.0 being a support.

A think this sounds a bit clunky. This would make it impossible for Symmetra to set up a healing turret without looking at her teammates.

It would be better if they were like Moira’s orbs, with the option to pick. If you really want the seperate cooldown, I’m sure the devs would be able to code seperate cooldowns tied to the turrets.

2 Likes

I don’t like it when it locks on. It gives no sense of skill ceiling.

I don’t wanna be a jumping rabbit anymore, I want to be the hard-light bender.

Only thing id change is her lockon it really did hold back her primary fire.

If it was a frontal cone like Winstons people couldnt moan that it was unfair thus it could be stringer than it was.

1 Like
  • Has now 3 damage turrets and 3 healing turrets. They have seperate cooldowns.

Fixed:
It now has only 3 healing towers.