Sym Teleporter card

Portal gun style. :wink:

1 Like

gawds i hope not (20 characters)

Why not? I think that would be amazing.

it seems like it. like 30 players in 6% uptime? maybe they’re making it into an ability with a shorter range.

1. Copyright infringement.
  2. one attack form has to go, beam or orbs. on the top of my head, id guess beam. Make orb primary, (which aint bad) But genji’s will have a field day.

*SEASON 6-7 FLASHBACKS! (Kinda like Vietnam Flashbacks.)

“SHE JUST WON’T STOP REZZING PEOPLE! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!”

1 Like

can’t copyright game mechanics, as long as it’s tranformative it can be used.

1 Like
  1. As far as i recall there is no copyright on game mechanics.
  2. You could also make at an E ability and remove photon barrier, which isnt that great from begin with.
2 Likes

My theory is Teleporter being reworked into a Mobility utility and not a Respawner, also meaning it’s shifted to an ability, not an ultimate, since not even that would account for that card Jeff posted.

IE, you could place a teleporter in the central building on Oasis and one on the balcony overlooking the point, allowing instantaneous travel between those two locations. Pretty handy for someone like Zenyatta to escape a Tracer or Sombra.

But that leaves the question of what happens to either her Pancake or Turrets.

Yes make it like Sombra’s Translocator, but it places a second beacon at your feet. Then for x amount of seconds it allows your team to teleport to the location you threw the first beacon! :wink:

true. but as i read portal gun. I instinctly thought remake her gun, into a teleport spamming thing. my bad.

on 2. Agreed, the shield E aint that usefull, i use it sometimes, but given that most hero’s know how it works, two steps to the left and continue pewpew

Yeah spammable would be completely broken. lol I thought about it as an ability on a 8 second cooldown. But the mechanics are inspired by Portals of course.

I hope they make Teleporter into a regular ability. Give it the rez treatment I don’t care if it’s powerful, she desperately needs to be useful and support in a way that is consistent and rivals healing.

I wouldn’t be opposed to being able to heal as Symmetra though.

I’m absolutely looking forward to these upcoming changes. It’ll determine if I keep playing the game honestly

And if they give symmetra some vertical mobility to go along with this, I feel like she’d be a pretty good hero pick ,since it’d allow for slow comps (like deathball) to reach high-ground easily

If her new teleporter ability, worked say, like sombra’s relocator. Or reapers shadow step in terms of PLACING the teleporter. Gief it too meeeeee

I’d say it was a longer match because she got a whole card dedicated to it…

I always prefer a sym use shield over tele. I hate tele. Though, I would like to see tele used in a different way, like getting passed a choke point, but sym would need a re-design in order to place the a tele passed a choke point. Making tele a regular skill would be similar to a mercy’s res and that wouldn’t be a great idea.

Days long teleporter is even less common then it is now lol