Sym rant thread

give her the piercing projectiles back. would solve a lot of problems

The is a bad take, and exemplifies the problems with many players in general that no concept or clue of what Symmetra is. She is not compared to Doomfist, Mei or Reaper, she compared to - and only to - Torbjorn. That’s it. Torbjorn and Symmetra are the only builders in the game and the only ones that can be directly compared to one another. And when you make the effort to analyze and see the comparisons, you’ll realize than Symmetra and Torbjorn are more alike than anyone else in this game.

Not only is this hyperbole, it’s foolishly naive.

It also has twice the wind-up and I’m not even sure it can be classified as a projectile since no one can stop it.

Likewise, I don’t think they can be classified as a projectile since it can’t be DM’em, KG, or Deflected.

Learn to lead your shots.

Certainly possible, would have to lower the damage a bit to make it work, and it’d lose the splash/explosive effect, but it could work.

She was never intended to be a general use hero.

Back in the beginning of OW they had the intention of niche heroes that people would swap to and off. Sym never got generalized in order to keep her builder like identity.

You need to give up some of Sym’s kit current identity to rework her into something functional.
Her concept design was based on being niche and different.

Ever wonder why it’s the most unique heroes that struggle in this game?
Mei, bastion,Sym, Sombra, Torb.
They were born from the idea of being situational

That would then make the largest projectile firestrike

Tallest, but certainly not the widest. Not to mention that Firestrike is on a cooldown, Symmetra’s orbs aren’t.

1 Like

learn to read or learn to understand basic physical logic:

i.e. if you see a slow projectile flying to where you’re heading, you’ll change directions/trajectory to dodge that projectile irrespective of how well aimed, predicted or led that shot was.
and when you have plenty of time react because the projectile is that slow, guess how little the aim, prediction and leading went into that shot compared to you dodging?

So the largest projectile in the game, should average better hit rates than the smallest projectiles in the game, or should they average about the same hit rates that all other projectiles follow?

Because at current, Symmetra’s orbs tend to follow the current averages of most every projectile in the game, which usually hangs around the 30% to 40% marker on the high-end skill levels. This is fairly normal for all projectiles in the game. Symmetra does not get to be unique here.

1. it was mathematically shown that:
  1. if you look at overbuff weapon accuracy stats for junkrat, pharah and sym, you see sym and junkrat having both similar distributions and ranges for their accuracy, whereas pharah’s is significantly higher. i.e.
  • congrats, sym leading her shots, even for higher ranks is about the same as spamming junkrat bombs which also largely “miss” because whether it lands is often up to whether the enemy dodges them. :thinking:
    • and sym’s weapon accuracy stat for orbs specifically is likely lower considering general weapon accuracy stat includes sym’s primary accuracy of which is more reliant to land than orbs. :thinking:
  • hmm I wonder why pharah rockets achieve so much higher weapon accuracy despite having so many similar characteristics as sym orbs… could it be that extra 10m/s making it more aimable/less easily dodged and being able to get in their effective range + sneaky angles on her own? yes

EDIT: pharah rockets are actually 35m/s not 30m/s.

1 Like

Is it just me or why does every single sym main treat sym like she is a childhood friend that recently just died to an overdose.

Like bro chill lmao.

How about letting people like what they like and feel about things the way they wanna feel about things and not trying to claim some kind of high ground for it

Pretty sure it’s 10 m/s faster

You do realize that I’m not talking about this person in general right?

I just mean in general. This is like the kid on the playground who says “you like pokemon? So lame ewww”

Sym’s projectiles are as much for denying area as dealing damage. She should miss a lot when doing that.

For the record, its completely fine to not like or like a character in something fictional, or feel like they’ve been unfairly treated, but using words like “vent” “betrayal” and “lack of attention” is just REALLY, REALLY weird, like they aren’t a real person.

It’s about the people that main the hero not the hero as a person

But it’s still about the hero.

well crap, got my facts mixed up @_@. but still more to my point.

1 Like

Gonna drop my 2 cents on the issue. There are 32 heroes in the game not every single one of them can be good on every map. Some heroes are map dependant. This is the case for symmetra. Her area denial and massive value in long brawl fights make her very good on certain maps. I’d even say she is part of the best comps for said maps. Then there are off-meta stuff like tp strats in which sym does really well if you play her correctly.

Simply symmetra’s kit is made for a purpose that while rare, has its moments and that is completely fine. She doesn’t need to be good on every map. She is good on the maps that fit her which is better than like half of the other heroes.

Idk, he still completely destroys her with relative ease.