Sym mains please read: Clarity of my opinion on 3.0

I think it’s the exact opposite. As sym 3.0 has massive cooldowns on all her abilities. There are many times where you have to stop and wait for a new tp or to put down a new turret

I’ve learned how to not rely on my teammates for everything. Even if your the only one using the TP, it doesn’t mean it’s useless. I use it mid fight in similar way to how Tracer uses blink, moving back and forth across the battle field.

I mena that is not really true as a main of both. After placing down the tp nd setting up your nests with symm all you could do is wait. Her right clicks were laughable at defense. You had to wait. You could not be on the offensive or actively partivcipate in the pocking on the choke. You had large gaps in your effective range. The new symmetra can more rleiably pump out damage even without turrets. ALso news flash - The new turret nests are actually two times faster to replace because you need half the time to replenish your turret count. Old symm had to wait more

I just hate it because I’m always in team chat and I will talk about a plan to flank the enemy with tp but then one or two teammates goes off on their own and dies.

The only difference in cool downs is the extra 2 seconds on her TP when compared to old Photon Barrier.

The cooldown in her turrets were effectively increased as well.

If you weren’t using the pierce all the time I have doubts on your effectiveness with sym 2.0.

It was an incredibly useful tool you could always use to denie positioning of your enemies

Yeah but without pierce you aren’t getting anything done by just shooting a shield

Well, if it isn’t in a choke point and the enemy isn’t looking, then you weren’t getting much done anyway.

Luckily all the maps have plenty of choke points. Or high ground you could denie

the old orbs were free enemy support ult charge after you got your tp/shield gen tbh

1 Like

At the same time it put a lot of pressure on them. Especially when they are getting hit too.

And if you have shield gen up the support ultra are a lot less threatening because both teams have the health to survive the engagement

How, they moved way too slowly.

People need to stand close to cover or else they overextend. So a lot of the high ground isn’t a viable place for them to stand. So just by shooting right next to the cover you can abuse the massive size of the orbs to attack behind the cover and control the high ground

By denieing the best parts of high ground you can effectively cover all of it. I’m thinking of the first part of Route 66

This gets even more powerful with a turret there too as the person now has to focus the turret or take damage.

Imagining sym 2.0 with throwable turrets that would have been so good

All you had to do was just wait for one too pass and just move then. You had 2+ seconds to do so.

Are you talking about the path too the high ground? In my experience, Symmetra never really threatened me if I was on the high ground.

That’s the secret strat though you don’t need to fully charge the orbs. People have to respect them even a half charged orb deals tons of damage and can hit behind cover.

Not many syms got really good with the orbs so it isn’t surprising you never experienced it.

Syms orbs had enough size to hit character who think they are fully covered which is very powerful. Because if your going in cover your low health. Which means a 120 damage orb that can attack behind cover is very scary regardless of how slow it is

But since follow up was nearly impossible, it became ult charge for healers.

They did no damage basically. Those would only give the enemy healer ult charge.

That’s 60 damage. Mercy could heal that in a second, which is how long it took to charge a second half charge orb.

The enemy doesn’t know how much the orb will do. And because they are uncertain of it they still have to respect it

By stepping to the side.

If you have to stop shooting and step to the side every second your not getting tons of value