(Sym) Healing Turrets and Healing Teleporter

Thoughts and opinions please? :desert_island:(Keep positive)

What do you think about Turrets no longer doing damage or slowing enemies. (Healing instead.)

And Teleporter Healing each User that goes though?

:taxi: to :ambulance:?

(Note keeping this change simple to try and stay in use in OWL.)

(Giving options not to switch, unlike Sym taxi.)

2 Likes

Would the teleporter heal with every teleport because that would be broken and probably require a CD between teleports for each player. I think the healing turrets should SPEED people it heals too. And Symm should get a sexy EMT skin if this happens.

2 Likes

You would be sacking your postioning though.

So that would be a downside if you play it lack that.

I assume you mean stacking which is true. I guess if it’s a relatively low heal like maybe 30 hp it would be okay without a CD and make it an okay dueling option like how some Symms use close range TP to tele back and forth sometimes.

Was saying Sacrificing your position but I was in a rush.

Honestly I would like the Teleporter to be something more…

But baby steps for right now.

I don’t think they should speed. Speed is Lucio’s thing and it would feel pretty bad if he lost the thing that made him unique

I mean OWL players already use Sym already like this for speed.

So your opinion is a little dated.

They tried to do healing turrets. Didn’t work.

Thing is that they don’t know how to design non healing support heroes. Players already suggested old Symmetra to have her teleport grant more shield hp when entering through it.

1 Like

I know I know but that’s only at the beginning of the game and with a 12 sec CD. Lucio can do it anytime he wants with no CD

Just answered this, so going to just copy over:

JS: "You know this was more claimed, then proven.

So I don’t actually know, if I believe Jeff on that.

I mean, Moira’s Healing Orb is basically a Healing turret if you think about it.

So is alot of other similar mechanics, which have been used to great effect healing teammates.

So sorry, calling bull on that claim, till I see actual evidence."

(White Snow) The developers themselves said they tried healing turrets on Sym and it did not work. What else do you need?

Implementing it is not the problem. It did not work in a practical use. Also an orb moves but a turret stays in one spot. They are not the same.

JS: "I want to try it myself. (been wanting to workshop it.)

Because when I hear “healing Turrets” don’t work.

I try to see how it wouldn’t,and don’t…

And unless someone messed up…

"healing turrets’ should work unless the player is a noob with his placements,

just as well as a noob with Moira’s healing orb and such other things."

It is not about the player, it is about the game. A player doesn’t magically make a turret work.

Even if you use it right you still slow down the team.

You could say this with any Support.

Not every support slows the team down.

The developers said the healing turrets didnt work. And I know probably why.
The turrets dont know when to stop healing. Like the damage, they only stop when either hacked by emp or out of range. The turrets probably arent smart enough to heal an ally to full, and move on to another target, or just stop healing.

Again, healing turrets were tested on the wrong version Sym as well.

Not the current Taxi version used in OWL.

But Sym 2.0 which joked about in OWL.

(Those turrets likely didn’t fly.)

Oof, yea I see a even bigger issue…

Maybe you need to see the turrets healing and more faster then the current DPS versions.

I know the problem. I’m just saying they’re incapable of designing non healing supports heroes.

It doesn’t matter what version it could be test on. It’s not meant for that hero at all with the designs that was intended for her. Shield support was the design, but they couldn’t understand what to do regardless of feedback that gave good suggestions to make it work.

I literally just don’t have faith with the developers from Overwatch. They think they know, but they don’t.

1 Like

Still question whose idea it was, to approve 8 Genji buffs. (Who was doing fine anyway.)

1 Like

I’m certain it was from someone from the inside and those who wanted Genji to be a bit more relevant than he already was. He’s a limelight child after all like Tracer. Did he truly needed buffs in some areas? Probably, but did he truly need it compared to other heroes who needs a buff to be better? Not at all.

1 Like