Sym Golden Glove Megathread

Really just wanted to say how disappointed I was that Symmetra didn’t get a victory pose with her gun in Anniversary.

I feel like if the Devs had acknowledged this thread then we would have had at least that because I know what a long shot giving her gold on her glove/palm/hand is.

That’s all I wanted to say.

2 Likes

I am disappointed that they havent said anything about it. I would be happy if they said just a simple “No” or “yes”. Granted I dont care as much, but just a simple answer would be all I need.

2 Likes

Us: “Can Symmetra get a golden glove? Or at least a new pose or a highlight intro where she shows her golden gun? Can we maybe at least be acknowledged? Hello?”
Blizzard:

1 Like

She has a golden glove on one of her epic skins what more do you people want

Lol

Oh thanks for letting me, a 130+ hours Sym main, know about this. I’ve never noticed before. Why did I spend 3000 cp on getting a golden weapon for one of my mains when I could’ve just used this one epic skin forever? As a matter of fact, due to this existing, Blizzard didn’t even have to make a golden weapon for Symmetra! How could we have been so foolish.

Let’s pack it up folks, this thread is cancelled. Problem solved. We have one epic skin where we can pretend it’s a golden gun that you have to spend 3000 cp for. I’m sure this will look amazing next to a golden Bob on the victory screen.

No no no that epic skin has the most stylish pearl gun. This can be all yours for the price of 250 whatever the hell blizzes currency is.

You will look more posh than ever before pimp slapping people with your golden glove while flashing your pearl gun off

I have all of Sym’s items. I won’t use one (1) epic skin forever and pretend it’s the rightful substitute for the golden weapon cosmetic that every other hero has on display and that costs 3000 cp and my mental health for playing competitive.

If you haven’t been paying attention: Symmetra is the only hero in the roster who cannot show off her golden weapon during highlight intros or on any of her victory poses. Literally the only hero.

As a way of rectifying this, people have been proposing many solutions over the course of 3 years, including but not limited to: adding new poses, adding new intros, changing existing poses, changing existing intros and, most importantly, making her glove golden since her glove is an essential part of her kit and is, in its own way, a part of her weapon. She uses her glove to create turrets, teleporter and her ultimate.

Every other hero has this. Baptiste has the little antenna on his backpack golden even though it only serves to make his ultimate. Ashe got an entire golden Bob after someone asked once. Moira got golden nails after people asked because her weapon is hard to see on many skins (though I believe her backpack should also have golden elements since it’s an essential part of her kit and ultimate).

We want Symmetra’s cosmetics, and especially her golden gun add-on cosmetic, to be treated equally. One pretend-gold epic skin is not it, no matter how beautiful it is.

1 Like

Isn’t the snowflake one extra stylish who cares about the gun.( I actually disable it because it looks tacky)

But yeah I like that epic skin it’s great

I was a 2.0 main I don’t enjoy playing sym anymore

why you like this, Tommy?

1 Like

Idk maybe I’m just some dirty vengeful spirit

as least you’re self aware, Tommy. Unlike the Devs. :eyes:

1 Like

How long until Blizzard hears us and puts this on the PTR? Maybe that’s why they didn’t bother giving Sym a victory pose with her gun. Behind the scenes the art team are making dozens of gloves gold.

It’s past 12 here in the UK which means it’s the official Anniversary of Sym 3.0 hitting PTR.

How could Blizzard celebrate? :eyes:

Come on, Jeff.

1 Like

oh well. What did I expect.

“We’re really excited that we’ve not reworked Sym in a whole year. We think it’s time to celebrate and we’re really excited and we’re going to make her Photon Glove, the thing she makes all her creations with, gold.”

1 Like

We’ll be like the Bastion thread. A bajillion replies, no acknowledgement from Blizzard.

But we won’t give up.

2 Likes

Indeed, we should be heard. Not ignored. I really hope they just respond with a yes or no, so we can end this entirely.

2 Likes

It would be the quickest change to make and it would make so many people happy.

The reason the golden glove idea was floated was because that small change would go through all of Sym’s VPs and HIs. No new victory poses or HIs needed. Actually trying to give you suggestions to save time.

Not asking for the world. Asking to be seen.

2 Likes

yea, clearly op just needs a hand

ha ha

Six days without a bump? My word! :face_with_monocle:

Must’ve been that lethal pun above.

Anyway, Symmetra is the only hero that can’t show off her gold during any of her victory poses and highlight intros and she rightfully deserves for her glove to be golden as it is responsible for 3/4 parts of her kit and would solve this issue entirely and in the most elegant and logical way (meanwhile, Baptiste has a golden antenna that only makes his ultimate and Moira got golden nails that do nothing for her kit (not that I’m complaining about those, but just to put things in perspective)).

Gonna sit here and wait:
https://i.imgur.com/JCcZVCd.png (Imagine if her glove was golden, then this pose would be an absolute best but alas)

1 Like

(jesus christ im late)

her arm allows her to create turrets, teleporters, that huge frickin shield wall, and it’s what gives her gun it’s ammunition.

without it she’d have nothing.

3 Likes