Sym beam public service announcement

Hanzo does 250 not 230.

1 Like

He does if it’s all crits though?

Happy to update my post with the correct value if you can give it to me.

1 Like

If you mean turret form Bastion doesn’t have head crits during it.

1 Like

Bastion physically cannot deal headshot damage, so… … …

Ah I see, I’ve confused sentry mode with recon mode. Clearly I have about 12 minutes on Bastion.

What’s the correct value then, 225?

1 Like

I THINK this is recent enough to have value here, if not then my bad, but Bastion’s dinner plate of a spread means that any distance drastically decreases actual damage output.

And that chart was made using the Training Bots (Unless i’m wrong, again), which btw are the size of Reinhardt.

(Bastion’s reverse accuracy upon holding down fire may not be fully represented in this version, i have no idea, though it honestly wouldn’t change much, since you fire with the original spread when you begin firing anyways, and you often don’t get the time to fire for that long.)

1 Like

literally steveo

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIbFtLcD7bI

I can guarantee if this was always like this alot more people would be complaining about it but the bug that sym had was for over a year so i don’t think anybody noticed

Sym is without a doubt the most overpowered hero in the game atm

1 Like

That’s awesome, thanks. The range thing is definitely a variable, I chose to leave it out but perhaps working out the numbers at one fixed range would’ve helped.

If we were to pick his highest theoretical damage though, as with the others, would it not be around 290?

I would honestly round it down to the lower end of the 200’s, since that’s assuming your enemy is standing still in an open field.

Which wouldn’t ya know it, put’s Bastion well below Tracer, Hanzo, and Reaper (REAPER) Even in a theoretical race. At optimal distances besides point blank.

I will apologize in advance, you’ll have people comment things like “But Bastion does like 1000 dps or somthin” Just show them the chart… no one listens to reason nowadays anyways.

1 Like

Look, anything that’s not Sym 1.0’s lock-on counts as decent aim for some of us, okay? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Beams always do less damage because the damage is more consistent. Think about it? How much dps is lost to spread or a missed shot for other characters? Beam characters will do their full damage NO MATTER WHAT even if theyre at the end of the hitbox for the enemy with the end their of the hitbox with their beam. And beams were just buffed so as to INCREASE their consistency. You should compare her damage to other beam characters.

That is not to say her damage floor couldnt be raised to like…70?

But I don’t know what sym mains want. Shell never have one hit potential or be able to duel mcree…because she has turrets and a teleporter. And mcree will never have turrets. That being said I wouldnt sleep on turret tele bomb + fully charged photon blast.

You should be asking for utility buffs as that is her identity, right?

1 Like

Symmetra thread no. 928736282920… great. The most opressed character in the game. So sad. Its funny how blatantly people keep lying about characters being underpowered/overpowered for their personal benefit. The actual game balance doesn’t matter, but the character does. Shellfish people at it again

1 Like

I did my own thing for this, this is purely from what I found, don’t pay no mind to it.

I did somethings and found different numbers.

McCree: 168 (True: 140) (FTH: 300)
Reaper: 280
Tracer: 120 (20 bullets) 250 (40 bullets)
Hanzo: 105.105… (Storm Arrow - 210 (true)) 125 (Max charge - Body)
Bastion: 4500 (Sentry - Full clip) 450 (Sentry - 30 bullets) 160 (Recon - 8 shots)

Separate from all the above:
Symmetra: Approx. 113.87 (Stage 1 - To level up) Est. 302.9 (Stage 2 - To level up) Est. 454.35 (Stage 3 - If there was a Stage 4; To level up)

I was bored, so anyways, how did I get these numbers?

McCree’s max clip size is 6, each does a max of 70 damage per shot on the body.
Just add that up, multiply by .4 (His current RoF) and there we go. His true dps would be 140 as you can only fit two shots in a second. You choose to go with FtH and that’s understandable.

At the absolute max to when all his bullets hit, Reaper is a solid 280 DPS. He can only fit two shots in a second.

240 DPS only comes if you count the full two seconds of body shotting. 140 is for Tracer.

Hanzo is 125 for his primary, it has a .7 charge time and a .3-.4 recovery time. Storm Arrow is 3.33 (arrows) per second, his true for it is 210. 105.105… was for the whole thing. (350/3.33)

Bastion is 150 dps, because he does 15 damage before falloff, I just took Bastion’s clip size (300) multiplied it by 15 which got me 4500 and divided by his RoF which is 30. Configuration: Recon does 20 per bullet, he fires 8 bullets in a second.

Symmetra took a bit it actually figure out. Stage 1 of her primary was easy since I should stop when I hear it charge up. the other two stages are estimates because that is too hard to test without setting up a custom game. I took the DPS, divided by 1.33, then added the original DPS on top of it. For extra clarification, this is the damage she does BEFORE going to the next stage, NOT DAMAGE PER SECOND.

and there we go. I think I got somethings wrong, but that’s math, of course I’d get things wrong.

P.S. I did make things over complicated. That’s how I am. In lazy terms and just using addition:
McCree: 140 (Body) 280 (Critical)
Reaper: 280 (Body, all pellets) 520 (Critical, all pellets)
Hanzo: 125 (Primary, full charge) 250 (Critical, full charge)
210 (Storm Arrows, body) 420 (Critical)
Tracer: 280 (Actually tested, does shoot all 40 bullets(Body, no pellets missed))
560 (Critical, all pellets landed)
Bastion: 450 (Sentry)
160 (Recon, body, 8 shots) 320 (Critical, 8 shots)
Symmetra: 65 (Stage 1)
130 (Stage 2)
195 (Stage 3)

P.P.S. Click the pencil to see the changes.

1 Like

I typically consider Bastion to be 400DPS, as usually the targets I’m shooting at are closer than 20m. They’ve also recently tweaked his spread in sentry to be tighter, I believe when they changed his ironclad.

Bastions primary damage is the only one that can outdamage a Reaper ulting.

Turrets exist?

Yeah, but they also have limited range. If the enemy is 13 meters away Sym will do 0 damage.

By technicality:

Say you as a Soldier 76 and a Zenyatta got booped, both of you land near a level 3 charged Symmetra and her nest. All three turrets are focusing you and so is she. The Zenyatta quickly reacts and uses Transcendence.

You will live since Symmetra’s damage doesn’t happen all at once. Not a one shot.

If a Widow then turns and pings you, you will die even while standing near a Transcending Zenyatta since Widowmaker’s damage happens instantly. A one-shot.

They should try using that 250 hp flying dude to kill Symmetra…

1 Like

That’s terrible use of Transcendence.

it is telling, though, that you need to use that to live in your proposed situation.

I think you’re only helping my case.