Sym 3.0 + Sombra PTR shows us that

The dev team are completely out of touch with the majority of these hero’s player base and actually have no idea what they’re doing. What are the forums for if our feedback is never taken into consideration and they only attempt to balance for O.W.L.

85 Likes

wait u think symm 3.0 is bad?

23 Likes

She is bad lolololol.

8 Likes

As a symm main i can tell you she is very strong RN. but most symm players aren’t adapting to her new playstyle.

44 Likes

So you think her Primary Fire is effective?

3 Likes

Lumi, Hoshi, and Steevo all think Sym 3.0 is far superior to Sym 2.0

Steevo said on his latest stream “I think her primary fire is fine. Just play her some more and you’ll get used to it.” Which I think is exactly the case for half the people on the forums complaining about Sym right now.

22 Likes

when it needs to be yes. Symm’s primary was always bad even before the rework. it works just as good as it use to. But you should be playing Symm simular to solider. It’s very hard to contest a Symmetra on the high ground.

4 Likes

Sym practically went from trash in one garbage can to trash in a more ornate looking garbage can. I guess you could call it an improvement? lmao

12 Likes

your just playing her wrong, but then again I get 12-15 elims per death soo <.< (average 1-3 deaths a map)

1 Like

Right, that’s why everyone is complaining about how bad it is. That’s also why Jeff and Seagull want it buffed.

6 Likes

it was a bad primary before aswell XD I wanted it replaced entirely for 3.0

2 Likes

Well damn, thanks for telling me i’m playing my main wrong, and that I’m unable to observe the fact that she’s more easily countered and shut down now than 2.0.

5 Likes

your welcome ^-^ She’s my main too

6 Likes

The thing is though that it’s dangerous to balance a hero based on what their mains think. That obviously can lead to some biased decisions.

7 Likes

Tbh after mercy sym sombra and Hammond it actually feels like blizzard is trying to shake up the monotone play styles of some of the heros.

2 Likes

the best Symmetra mains in the world disagree with you.

5 Likes

Symm 3.0 is fine she just takes more effort than Symm 2.0 which kinda sucks but whatever

1 Like

And I assume you’re one of them? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you heard of “Stevo” by any chance?

3 Likes

I think what people complain most about Sym 3.0 is not only the destruction or her identity but that it fails to adress any of her real problems. Her damage is probably much more inconsistent than before - having to rely on right click more than primary fire, she is left with the least useful and least impactful ultimate in the damage class and teleporter is nice but just promotes her as a flanker when she was designed as an area control hero. The only good thing is the turrets…she still fails to really counter anyone and relies on flanking and taking the enemy by surprise to have any value which can be easily achieved by any hero actually designed to do that.

4 Likes