Switch - Gyro controls broken with PC player in group

Title pretty much says everything about the issue. When there is a PC player in the group, the sensitivity of the gyro controls is lowered to almost none. This does not reflect in the settings (i.e. the value of the sensitivity isn’t changed)

The issue affects gyro users even in custom games, skirmish, deathmatch, and practice range. It does not happen when playing in the console pool.

I’ve tried disabling gyro aim-assist, but it does not fix the issue.

7 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. Thank you for reporting.

3 Likes

Another Switch player reporting in with the same issue. Sad as my gyro aim skill is actually getting good enough I don’t even need aim assist! I was going to see how well I’d do with a PC friend.

(I normally play on PC myself so as a PC/Switch player I want this fixed)

4 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of players report about it in the forums too. Blizzard, acknowledge us Switch players!

Honestly though. I used to have fun queueing with friends. Crossplay has allowed us to play with even more friends, which I should be happy about! But no, having PC players in my game has sucked all the fun out of the game. I don’t feel like I’m playing the game. I feel like I’m just a waste of space in the match, watching my teammates and hoping they’re good enough to win the game for me!

Sure, I could stop queueing with them, but for how long will I be finding an excuse to not play with them? I cannot just say “Oh sorry guys. I don’t want to play with y’all anymore. I won’t play unless we stop inviting that PC player because gyro broken with them in the group.”

I also can’t just “unlearn” my gyro play style.

Thanks for coming to my double-edited TED Talk. Please fix.

5 Likes

This is seriously an issue that needs to be addressed. Playing with friends who are on PC is just impossible because I can’t make small aim adjustments how I’m used to. I understand the removal of aim assist, but gyro controls seriously need no nerf, as it’s the only way to remain at least semi-competitive with PC players. Please, Blizzard, make the settings work like they would on the switch/console pool.

3 Likes

Hey y’all, there’s a bigger thread here if y’all want to throw in your two cents.

2 Likes

I am also having this issue, hopefully blizzard can have a fix as it will prevent my switch friends from wanting to play with me on pc.