Switch Gyro not working against PC players

Crossplay has been a blast! When I play against console players, the more fast paced nature of other consoles is exhilarating and I’ve been enjoying my time in those lobbies. However, when I play against PC players, my gyro slows WAYYY down, and changing the slider doesnt increase or decrease the speed. I believe this is a bug in relation to PC aim assist being turned off- but I dont play with aim assist anyway, only gyro! Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, just so you know, gyro works fine against other consoles.

13 Likes

Every switch player is experiencing this issue. Literally seems Like they’re nerfing gyros against PC players lmao

8 Likes

this is unfair
Blizzard should give them more options not removing basic things from them

8 Likes

I’m having the same issue. In the PC pool gyro aiming sensitivity is unusably low while all my settings are the same, and I don’t play with aim assist normally. Hopefully this is just a bug.

9 Likes

I, too, can attest to this. Setting Pitch and Roll to 100 still was too low for me when in the PC pool. Something’s funky.

6 Likes

Agreed, I was just gonna post this too. It is such a big nerf and makes the game wayyyy harder to play imo. No matter how much I changed my sensitivity, nothing changed in-game.

6 Likes

So we have this issue and the FPS drops that haven’t been fixed? Oh boy.

4 Likes

Yeah can confirm, the gyro settings get automatically lowered whenever matching with PC players but they do snap back to previous settings when there are no PC players present.

6 Likes

Yeah, its definitely sus lol

2 Likes

I’ve been really looking forward to cross-play, I have a number of friends who play on other platforms, finally it’s added and my 1,400+ hours of Switch gameplay is thrown out the window because my Gyro is completely destroyed. Even setting it to maximum (100) didn’t bring it back up to where it used to be (which wasn’t even above half). I seriously hope this is a bug and they’re working on a fix. I see no reason why Switch players would need a nerf anyways, we’re already at a disadvantage with our 30fps. So irritating.

5 Likes

This makes absolutely no sense, why would they nerf Switch players against PC players (of all the platforms!)?

Surely this must be a bug, especially if they didn’t outright deactivate it but only lowered the sensitivity. It’s still in beta after all.

Otherwise crossplay would be completely pointless and dead to me.

3 Likes

I too am having this issue, but only when in the PC pool. Console pool has the settings working as normal.

I usually play with the recommended pro-controller settings of 23 pitch, 30 yaw, 30 roll, but I turn off aim assist.
Setting everything to 100 did make it move faster, but not up to the point I was used too.

As others have said, I hope this is a bug and not a nerf.
If it’s a nerf, I have to question Blizzard’s confidence in their PC player’s skills.
Too afraid of the big bad gyro users? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Heck yeah! We have the aim of pc players and the movement capabilities of console players. There’s two reasons why the switch is called the hybrid console.

1 Like

Been having the exact same issue so crossplay is now useless to me and I wanted to play with PC friends but unless I re-learn how to play when in pc pool vs console pool I can’t. Please fix this blizzard.

4 Likes

Like I really don’t want to complain, but like everytime I try and play with PC friends I just can’t do it. Its like you have to learn everything over again because your gyro and stick muscle memory is all out of whack.

I tried turning off the gyro, but I have gotten so used to it, it feels like learning how to aim again without the gyro on. I mean I know there are tons of people that don’t use gyro, but if you have gotten used to it, its hard doing it without.

The switch is already at a disadvantage 30fps vs 60+ fps on PC, this just makes it even harder. Please Blizzard, if you are reading this, I love your game, just please fix this for the next patch.

1 Like

Agreed, I was just gonna post this too. It is such a big nerf and makes the game wayyyy harder to play imo. No matter how much I changed my sensitivity, nothing changed in-game.

I know what you mean, I just sat in the practice range, messed around with the settings a bunch of times and nothing felt right.

2 Likes

I haven’t experienced this yet, but the reason why I play on switch is because of the gyro. If they are going to fix this they also need to fix all of the other issues the have left on this platform.

3 Likes

ugh i know how all of you feel. i was so stoked for crossplay since i don’t have the money or space for a pc, don’t play on xbox anymore, and my boyfriend plays on pc. the switch gyro has dramatically improved my aim without aim assist! i’ve relied on the gyro in other games like splatoon as well. but now that it’s slowed down, i cannot play at all. it’s insanely infuriating and irritating. i feel like i’m no value to the team since gyro is the one muscle memory i have now from playing on the switch for 2 years and it’s just so frustrating. i don’t really even know why they turned off aim assist since pc players have the advantage whether they can aim or not. i hope it’s just a bug, if they genuinely decided to nerf gyro i wouldn’t play in pc pool anymore since it’s just too hard.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue. Gyro is especially necessary when against PC players.

I’ll keep the necro because we heavily need a fix