Switch Crossplay sensitivity bug

So there is an issue with switch/pc crossplay where our sensitivity setting get messed with when we play with pc players. Is this intentional? Will there be a fix to this? Maybe a date by when this will be fixed by? If anyone else on othe consoles is having an issue please add onto here

4 Likes

Your sensitivity should stay the same the only difference in being in a PC lobby is that your aim assist will be disabled which can possibly throw you off.

I have aim assist off and that still happens. Any other reasons that it could happen?

Hmm. I honestly have no idea. I personally do not own the Switch version so I can’t really do much to help.

I agree, it’s basically impossible to compete with the accuracy of PC players right now because we can’t use gyro to adjust our aim. Even with my sensitivity set at 50, I have to basically move my switch above my head to move my aim an inch on screen.

1 Like

Problem is, it doesn’t.
I think OP is talking about gyro, because my stick controls are fine. (To OP: If you are talking about gyro, please add it to your post!)
This gyro problem has been reported multiple times by other Switch users here in the forums. I myself have reported the issue as well, which can be found here: Switch - Gyro controls broken with PC player in group - #3 by FuzzyQuils-1691

TL;DR When a PC player joins your group, gyro is messed up. Like it’s at 1 sensitivity.

2 Likes

So my friend group comes from the splatoon background so we aren’t used to aiming with stick so it does feel wonky. That being said the gyro controls are all put down to super low sensitivity when you do group up with PC players. Sorry for not clarifying that. It has gotten to the point where I aminsta-locking characters with less of an aim/tracking such as Rein.

4 Likes

There’s a thread already on it posted here:

Several people described it here, including myself:

Basically, the recommended settings by Blizzard are to set the scale for the pitch, yaw, and roll is 23, 30, 30 in that order. These are also the default when you turn on gyro aim.
There is a gyro aim assist option that can be turned on/off and it works separately to the stick aim assist (I don’t know how)

What ends up happening when a Switch user joins a PC pool match is that these settings stay at the 23 30 30 but appear to act a lot lower (1 1 1 is my estimate). They reticle barely moves when you move the controller.

Turning all of these settings up to 100 makes them move better, but they do not move nearly as well as the 23 30 30 in console queue.
Basically, my friend who plays tank has to play Rein to be effective and I who play support have to play Mercy with no gun or Lucio to be effective.

Going back to the console queue with the 100 settings works as you might expect: barely move your controller and your head does a 360 in every direction. That last bit is an exaggeration, but obviously it works.

What I don’t understand is why this is affecting Switch players only. Don’t PC players have the option of using gyro if they buy a gyro controller to play with?