Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

Rez as an ultimate could work with one condition:

You can only resurrect three people.

The game scenario of Mercy being the last alive and resurrecting her team is inherently toxic. If you add a cast time she isn’t invulnerable in, like the OP suggested, it means she will never get the rez off. You make it instant, or Mercy invincible, and it’s impossible to counter.

Fundamentally you can’t balance an ability to turn the tides of a battle 1v6. There’s no way to create good game play between a lone support and an entire enemy team.

Restricting to three heroes means Mercy can still make big, fight changing, ults. However, if she waits until her whole team is dead, they will still be at a disadvantage UNLESS they got a couple picks themselves.

With this, Mercy can keep her invincibility buff, as well as the ability to rez through walls. This removes all of the worst degenerate scenarios. Like Mercys hiding and hoping their team “dies on point”.

Some version of the Valk buff can be put on her E ability to help compensate for the power-loss compared to her old version. Other balance tweaking might be needed, but this would fix the fundamentally broken game mechanic.

2 Likes

5-6 Secs its ok for the ability, but 25 CD secs its a lot of time, maybe the CD can be the same as Torb (12 secs) but to balance it, the heal/damage chain is halved or maybe only 30% effect except for the main target tethered.

Mass Ressurect Ult, limited to 3 things: Need FOV, Casting Time and Max Limit of 3 Heroes.

Thinking maybe adding the mechanics of Valkyrie applies to Mass Ress also, like… Under normal Circumstances (No Valkyrie activated) it has a casting time of 1.75 secs, She doesn’t get invulnerability when finished and only 2 Heroes Max she can ress. If she is under Valkyrie, Cast Time reduced to 1 sec, she gains invulnerability (2 secs like the old ult) only if successful, and can Ress a Max of 3 Heroes.

I think that way Mercy can be fun to play and less dull of being only a heal bot.

Then how come she doesn’t see any play past Diamond? She sounds worse from what I’ve played and seen compared to old rez.

factually, Mercy sees play at all tiers, including pro

Only mistakes being made around here are from the people thinking Mass Rez is coming back.

2 Likes

“Not trying to attack you”
-Resorts to personal attacks.

And with that, I believe our discussion has reached an end! Thanks for projecting your true feelings about me and mercy mains who share similar views. I believe with you resorting to non-constructive insults, you have immediately given up your arguments, have no rebuttals left to give, I have thoroughly rested my case, and proved my point. It’s clear that I want Mass res to return, and you do not, so we’re just going to have to agree to disagree on that. But hey! Thanks for sharing your opinion, and I wish you well in your endeavors. Maybe in the future, you will be able to share your views, without resorting to attacking others who dare to have a difference in opinion from your own. Have a good one now! :blush:

That’s an interesting idea, and a potential solution. I would much rather prefer her to keep the ability to res up to 5 team mates however, since doing so was already extremely rare for the hero in 1.0. I believe with LoS, and a 1.25s cast time, it would be even less of an issue.

My problem is giving Mercy an instant cast or invincibility. I personally wouldn’t see that as a healthy mechanic to keep in her kit, especially after the backlash from the pros saying how “disheartening” it was to be unable to counter the ability. At the same time though, I understand that the issue would be how Mercy wouldn’t be able to pull off a res effectively in the first place if she was vulnerable.

To solve this dilemma, my solution would be giving Mercy a 30% damage reduction on her res. That means that she won’t be killed off with poke damage, stalemates on focus fire (dying, but still being able to pull off her res within the 1.25s cast time), and is still vulnerable to headshots from Widow/Hanzo, and other forms of burst damage who can completely take her out before the res. If this would be too weak, they can simply buff the damage reduction, and if it’s too strong, they can adjust it accordingly. This will allow for Mercies to still have full access to Mass Res, without the drawbacks of it being either too weak or too strong. CC, and other Ults that hard counter her like Hammond’s minefield and Torbjorn’s Molten Core, will further keep bad Mercy plays in check, and separate them from the good Mercy plays. This will also be a lot easier for the devs to balance, since it simplifies her ultimate’s effectiveness down to a number, rather than trying to build around it via new heroes or other reworks. It’s a win win in my book. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

As used in my post in question, “we” was referring to the forum as a whole. There was nothing syntactically wrong with my post. But nice attempt at playing grammar police. :slight_smile:

BTW people can hate on that project all they want, but the fact is that just about any registered member was allowed to participate. What the naysayers actually dislike is the results, not the methods. People spoke very clearly: There is a significant distaste for Mercy’s current ult. That is a fact.

How about remove res altogether and make her able to aoe heal or able to use a skill that increases her healing for a certain amount of time

So in other words, turn Mercy into a second Lucio (with amp it up and sound barrier)? I’m not sure if Lucio mains would be too happy about that.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

mercy isn’t getting reverted, stop making these posts

5 Likes

Nope!

Mercy has already been reverted many times before, and I am confident that more reverts to the hero would come in the future. I will continue to voice my opinion on Mercy’s current state and the injustice done to the hero. Thanks for projecting your opinion though! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

OP just stuck on a loop man. Just repeating the same stuff they have for over a year now. The most they’ve come to evolve their argument is the introduction of the blush emoji forum meta and “well that’s like your opinion! This is my opinion! Agree to disagree!” That’s like 90% of what they have to say.

It’s honestly not worth bothering with tbh.

2 Likes

We were so close to going a day without one mercy thread!

3 Likes

Please bring back Rez, I miss my brother Rezzing us all and winning the game. Please bring this back I miss the nostalgia. That experience got me really into the game.

Lolohere = lolojenkins?

one really easy thing for Bliz to do was reveting mercy to 1.0 on the PTR. That server is perfect to try even the most DISASTROUS suggestions since that server is MEANT to test virtualy ANYTHING. Put mercy back on 1.0, advertive the hell out of it to get everybody to check, and see if people’s opinions changed over time. If the opinions are overwhelmingly positive, put it live, if they say “nah, it’s crap, keep how it was” then they put Mercy back on her current state. Again, PTR is to test, meaning whatever happens in there won’t affect the main game.

1 Like

1 - she was not the most OP hero.
2 - for the love of god, people did the “hide and press Q” A COUPLE OF TIMES! It wasn’t some sort of plaguing trend seen in every game, just some low-skill tactic as common as pirate ship, people just keep overblowing these things out of proportion.
3 - cancel “all enemy’s ults”? How many ults do you need for one team wipe? And I have seen plenty of Team Kills without any ult being used.
4 - the invulnerability came with a fair price: no movement at all. Few people notice, but the time the rezzed ally is invulnerable, he also can’t move at all.

4 Likes

Don’t know why people have this idea that oh blizzard was just gave up trying to balance mass rez and not maybe they just didn’t want it in the game period?

3 Likes

Well this is the forums after all. Where it’s nigh impossible to go one day without a Mercy thread…

You’re using what to justify this: a voice line change and a base HPS nerf, which got brought back to what it was before that HPS nerf during the ult’s duration? Yeah, there’s no comparing it to a complete overhaul, period.

Which is only your opinion, and based off of speculation. You really should just stop; you’re becoming another version of Stylosa at your current rate; and that’s not a good thing.

It in of itself is flawed.
For one, it’s based off of opinions.
For two, it doesn’t portray the thoughts of the entire playerbase regarding it. As you mentioned as well, any registered member was allowed to participate. That sounds fine and dandy; until you realize that even if literally every single forum member participated, you still would not even have 1% of the player-base.

How do I know this to be a fact? At the time of this post, the total amount of members that have been registered on this forum is 179,213. To prove this, every registered member on the forum starts at Trust Level 0. You get this number by going to any forum profile, and then adding ".json" to the site’s link. It is the “user_count” stat that gives this result. Using my forum profile, here’s a sample link to show what I mean: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/u/eternity-11698.json

While that number (179,213) may be large on its own, you also can’t forget that the size of the entire player-base is over 40 million. Even if you used 40 million for simplicity’s sake, you would still only have about 0.448% of the player-base if every registered member participated. But now comes the question of how many people actually participated. With that, the percentage of people that actually participated becomes even more abysmal. Plus, this is the forums after all; where there will be a great share of bias.

2 Likes

Don’t worry guys, they’re just waiting until the Mercy statue comes out for maximum hype. Mark my words, Mercy will be reworked again next year, around the anniversary of the last rework.