Suspension for leaving a 2 vs 5 game

My first game S10 we had a leaver. Shortly after we got demolished on attack 2 others left leaving myself and a healer. Instead of wasting my time attempting to play an unwinable match i proceeded to leave as well. Come to find out i received a penalty/suspension and volitile SR loss for leaving a 2 vs. 5 game. I find this to be outrageous! Blizzard needs to model call of duty and not punish losing teams that had leavers. It is completly unfair.

5 Likes

Same thing just happened to my wife. Weirdly it showed that she was suspended in Unranked even though it was a Competitive game. This locked her out well after waiting the 2 minutes. SR hit, suspended from unranked and ranked, Blizzard y’all messed up on this one.

Pro Tip: I guess you are never allowed to leave a match in S10

Can you just make a Majority Vote Forfeit option already…

3 Likes

The developer update said you’d get a 15 minute penalty for leaving the first game. I dc’d from my first game and got a 20 hour suspension which is supposedly supposed to be for leaving 4. They made me want to return to the game and now I just want to delete this trash game and never play again.

2 Likes

Was that after the timer went up?

Same thing happened to me

Just happened to me. Left a competitive match after the timer and was suspended from Quick Play for 20 minutes. Could not queue up for another competitive match.

Season 10 off to a great start!

Red warning label wasnt even on the screen. It was well after the player left. We played the entire attack round 4vs5 and i left when we were down to 2 when defense started

Then I think it is a bug tbh. Should not be happening but everything is always wonky and full of bugs when a new season starts. I would personally refrain from Comp until it is fixed. A new season has never started without some issues.

There is always something every single time. It is atrocious at this point. I am sorry this has happened to you guys.

Same thing happened. Had a leaver and after waiting the for the penalty period to end, i left. I got suspended. WTF? why would i be suspended after leaving when the penalty timer ran out?

Why do they have to? They are doing what they want because we eat it up and say Please sir can I have some more.

And people clown me when I don’t leave…

Folks, never leave a game. I even believe it affects other things but… that might be conspiracy thoughts.