Suspended from competitive because of "error applying update"

So I was playing competitive, won one game and got up to 2030 SR. I was confidently joining another game only to be met with “error applying update” and I was brought back to the login screen. I logged back in and tried to rejoin the game but it had cancelled because I ‘left’ too early. Now im stuck with a 30 min suspension and i’m 50 SR down. Any explanations?

2 Likes

I’ve just started the game an I can’t play because of this.

Same error message happened to me. Just started up the game, wanted to jump into a comp match and got booted for “installing update” then couldn’t rejoin match and was kicked offline for the update error. Banned for 10 minutes.

I startet the game manny times today and i allways have this bug that is says “error applying update” i culd not join anny game mode, (alos no training mode) and afer a while i got a 10 min game ban for “leaving matches” so i tried to join a match with a group. but every one in the grup loaded the map and pickt heroes a and starten playing, exept for me, my clyent was still serching for a game, even the other ones in my goup confirmed that im “AFK” in their match as non selected hero/player in the 2cond tank slot. after manny re launches of the game it suddenly worked and i culd join all gamemodes normal. but now after break and restart of the game i have the same problem, i cant play at all.