Suspended for playing Torbjorn

Unsurprisingly I was suspended again. I was playing Torbjorn and got the usual “report torbjorn” bs, even though we were winning and I was doing fine. Right after the game, I got disconnected and a message “this account has been suspended” appeared.
The way my suspension triggered right after a game in which I was abusively reported and the automated message that followed my appeal make me think that there’s no human review whatsoever on these matters.

I’ve decided I’ll just keep spamming tickets every time this happens.

5 Likes

It’s a fallacy to think a player will do better when they swap just because of a theoretical character matchup

1 Like

A totally unenforceable policy.

Banning for hero picks is the top reason for bans, not even trolling. But we all knew this would happen

4 Likes

but it’s blizz they won’t admit when there wrong ever.

3 Likes

torb is fine rn, he’s actually not bad. Sym on the other hand I would love to see get a perma ban from comp

i dont understand if you can pick any hero and also if you good or bad - thats SR system to judge why they ban any1?

1 Like

The system doesnt ban 1-tricks or Off Meta heroes. You’ve just been reported enough times, either because you were either not performing well enough or because Torbjorn is a troll pick right now for most players, for the system to say “Oh people are complaining about you, let me automatically suspend you because I dont really know why they are reporting you, but I will also add a flag to your account so if a Mod does view your account for flags they can determine if your account should be perma banned!”

Or you actually had toxic behavior and deserved the suspension.

its one or the other. You dont get suspended/banned randomly.

1 Like

Wrong. There’s enough evidence around proving that you get banned after a certain number of reports, no matter if they are legit or not. When you play an off meta hero your chances of being reported by retarded kids grow and you’re more likely to get banned.
Whenever you appeal the ban, you get an automated message and not even the slightest explanation.
Yes, the ban system is 100% automatic, with no human review whatsoever and therefore widely abusable. Jeff kaplan is a liar, no surprise there tho.

2 Likes