Suspended again for server issues

We got a genius here. Here is your price…

i don’t have control over the router. i’m in a short term 3 month apartment rental in japan.

there’s a better way: level 5 endorsement people should be given more wiggle room considering leaving games (even before the update) would penalize your endorsement progress.

I guess you’ll just have to put up with bad internet, bad routers, etc during your short term rental.

1 Like

They’ve tried other penalties like reduced rewards and it didn’t work. What else are they going to do? Reduce endorsements? It’s the same thing.

I’d love to hear other penalties that wont drive away players nor allow them to continue leaving, if you have any, but I’m fairly confident there are none.

They’re a troll, they made the account literally just to troll on the forums.
Blizzard doesn’t care so just block, don’t even bother reporting because nothing will happen.

2 Likes

penalties proportional to endorsements.
1 leave = deduct 0.5 endorsement level.

level 5 = no penalty

level 4 = 2 minute penalty every 2 leaves

level 3 = 5 minute penalty every 2 leaves

level 2 = 10 minute penalty every 2 leaves

level 1 = 20 minute penalty every 2 leaves

do this on a rolling 20 game history

New players will have reduced penalties to learn the endorsement/penalty system as we do not want to drive them away. Give them a warning “normally you would be suspended for 20 minutes, but because you are new, we will allow it this one time”

Also, you said "I’d love to hear other penalties that wont drive away players "

The current penalty already drove me away from playing for a couple of days. So it’s not like the current system is good anyways.

1 Like

JUST so you ALL KNOW…

Its only ONE game that will get you suspended. Whether you leave or get disconnected … I have played well over 30 games without leaving in Quick Play…

It STILL says I will be banned if I leave even ONE game.

2 Likes

Same thing here. Quite literally have not at all voluntarily left a game. Was disconnected 3 times tonight not due to my internet disconnecting and just got my first ever 5 minute suspension. Gonna try another round and hope I don’t get kicked again :,)

I think they should have kept a mode in there for casual play and then a mode that was serious about gameplay.

I guess I always felt they had already addressed that with Ranked competitive play and that Quickplay was supposed to be the “Who cares mode”.

It was nice,

While if we were just messing around, and doing things like over-clocking our computers and it just so happens the power supply was not doing what it was supposed to do or the MOSFETS overheated on the board from improperly set voltage while on the quest for Framerate seeking. It was no big deal.

Today people get tilted over this mode for every reason and for no valid reason. And everyone claims its supposed to be “this” or “that”.

Which is why we have the problems that we do, and everyone just reports everyone after every match. So I guess its a big w/e.

Im glad I dont work for anyone as a pc sales person anymore. Overwatch would be the WORST game to showcase on the sales floor. Back in the day. It was one of the best games to show everyone. Open up Quickplay.

“You want a gaming pc!”

Wanna know why?

One Word: “Overwatch”

Pull up quickplay.

See how amazing this pc plays the game on smooth frame rates, we have the computer over-clocked and stable on 16GB of RAM with the timing’s all dialed in.

This day in age. nope. you cant put this game on a KIOSK in a computer store if you wanted, because everyone wants a shackle and chain tied to the ankle to play this game.

New game on the floor model gaming pcs. THE FINALS.

This does nothing because nobody cares about endorsement levels. All it does is give you 5k battlepass XP a week. It’s the same as the old system which, by the way, didn’t work.

That’s the point. No penalty system is going to make players want to play.

So instead, just incentivize them to play with rewards.

No one cares now. You make people care when there’s more leniency to penalties the higher endorsement level you are. Especially when you think you have a spotty connection, you try to be a good teammate so that you won’t get penalized as harshly when your internet goes out.

Not really. The point is to minimize intentional bad behavior and maximize playing time.

Ok… but it’s doing neither?

Yes, which is why I’m suggesting a modification.

Oh yeah I see that now. Don’t mind me. :bowing_man:

Nobody cares about endorsement level. All it does is tell people you play Support. The benefits are battlepass XP, WOWZERS! I leveled up and got an item that I didn’t actually get because I didn’t buy the 10 dollar battle pass for premium content! Woo-hoo!

Take a step back into reality and understand that this is just a video game. Nobody will continue playing a game that doesn’t incentivize them to play, even less so when it actively punishes them for playing.

It will do neither. People will take leaving a game with “Bad teammates” over battlepass XP any day. The way to disincentive people from leaving games is to provide something at the end of the match only for people who stayed the whole game.

Again no one cares now. Endorsement level that prevents you from being suspended would make people care.

A game you can’t play because you were suspended for reasons beyond your control is a terrible game.

You’re pretty much ignoring what I’m wrote it seems. Anyways, carry on.

except aaron doesnt listen honestly hes worse than ubisoft devs…and we all know ubisoft is pretty bad when it comes to alot of things

You are greatly over-estimating how much patience people have for punishment systems. They are being punished for using the product. The amount of time and dedication required to reach level 5 (which is random btw, since your teammates dictate whether or not you get endorsed) is not worth the meager 2 free leaves you get for it.

My point exactly.

No, you fundamentally can’t grasp the brittle nature of punishments only upheld by the consumers will to consume the product. This will do nothing, but hurt the game.