Supports gonna be mad with ow2

It could be true about not driving away players. In that case I guess we won’t know until we play OW2.

Pretty much, but at the very least, PVE talents would make supports a lot more fun to play around. I just pray that it has some serious, fun, and great gameplay for PVE.

Yeah I hope they have nailed down a great Pve experience with a satisfying replayability loop.

1 Like

Pretty sure my post is constructive, if anything nothing u said in your own post was constructive lol

1 Like

Did you reply to the right person? I didn’t reply to or refer to anything you said. I was quoting someone else & replying to someone else

Yes I replied to u poytheon. While not everyone’s comments here may be constructive, my topic in itself is constructive and has emotional load (as it literally is targeted for those who relate with the feeling), so yea, makes sense u will see people that are mad in a topic about people being mad, who vocally vent so.

Meanwhile you bash them for not being constructive, while your comment wasnt constructive as well

What are you talking about?? I feel like we’re having 2 different conversations here. Did you see the comment I replied to, and what I said in response?

Ha! as if something will matter outside the role of dps in the future all will be dps and the rest will be replaced by bots until people come to the forum to cry that those bots are very op and end up eliminating them to get to what the whole community wants so much a dpswatch

I am asking the same question…

I really want devs to impress me with something, that would give me a motivation to continue my support role…or even buy the game.

Oh supports were always in a circle of pain…

I’m having a hard time understanding this when people say it. Okay, so there will be one less person to heal so that is why the statement is made…

but it is also one less tank blocking damage… which means that damage that would have been done to another shield, eaten by sigma/dva, protected by a Zarya bubble or healed on its own by hog is now going to be spread out to the rest of the team.

Feels like healing won’t be less just spread out more.

1 Like

Basically the supports currently have enough healing to heal a team of 6. The healing that would have gone to the 2nd tank would now in 5v5 be given to other team mates or into the solo tank.

The devs felt the sustain from 2 supports pumping healing into 1 tank made the tank too durable .

So they’ve said they’re not going to nerf the healing out put?

It’s not going to be fun. I have no idea how they expect to attract new support players.

They aren’t going to make the necessary changes and buffs to make it fun. Even if they did they will get nerfed the second some content creator gets killed on stream and the hive mind will start the same OW1 cycle all over.

1 Like

No they plan to reduce healing output since there will be 1 less tank since the current healing levels makes the solo tank too survivable.

Hmm, okay so then how does need for healing get reduced?

Well there experimental solution is to nerf in combat healing by 25%. I think that is too extreme and that it should not push through to live.

Can I add here how much of your job as a support is built around interactions with your tanks?

Like a lot of the value many supports (both healers and playing) comes from healing up and supporting their two tanks. Further more how much of your protection and security comes from those two tank players?

Losing one of those guys could easily create 2 questions, well what am I meant to be doing now and who’s gonna help me when the bad guys come? Like if I’m Lucio or Ana and our only tank is Zarya what am I going to be doing half the time? What’s to stop their Genji or whoever putting me into the ground every 40 seconds? What value am I really bringing to this game when I only have one tank to play around?

Support players would need to be even more attentive and use cover as best as possible. Then its a game of cat and mouse.

Well at least Lucio is really mobile and can escape or boop attackers.

That may be fine, but they may not be happy about it.

Look at tanks in OW1 a sec, for years they’ve been getting chipped away by nerfs or buffs to other heroes so they have to play a bit more constrained, cannot afford mistakes anywhere near as much, don’t have the same potential and have generally suffered quite badly. Now you could 100% make the case that the net result of that has been good for the game, but it’s totally destroyed the tank role. They aren’t as capable, as focused on, as fun, as rewarding and tank players have really not been happy and have left the game en mass.

I doubt OW2 and 5v5 will do as much dmg to healers as that (mostly because I don’t think you could hurt a player-base as much as tanks have been without actively trying) but it could be bad. Even if the changes are justified and work it could easily piss a lot of people off and do real dmg to the healer player base and the reputation of OW2.