Support mains said genji was overnerfed

HUH?
Dude Genjis below Diamond are trash. Literally any decent Moira can kill them or force their retreat lol.

Genji is a “problem” everywhere, its just more blatant on higher ranks, because Genji has a high skill ceiling.

1 Like

I can’t express how much I don’t care how the top .1% is affected by balance patches. If it balances the 99%, that should be the goal.

2 Likes

How about we wait to see what the nerfs are like when everybody gets to test it properly?

Genji needed nerfs. And no, his dragonblade/Nano situation wasn’t his only problem.

Lots of Support players are finding him really obnoxious to play against, and that’s not just when he’s ulting. Blizz need to get people back into playing Support and whether you like it or not flankers - mainly Genji and Sombra - are a problem for the role right now. So they’re bringing them down. I mean it’s not the only problem with the Support role like, but not getting into that here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yea.
Genji nerfs are

dmg down to 27(was29)
ammo down to 24(was 30)

The reality is this changes will not make any differences for both the sides and for majority of players.

Normal genji players will not have disvantages from this nerfs because their accuracy isn’t good enough to benefit from more damage and projectiles.

For supports the situation will simple be unchanged.

Some supports heroes will still be easy target and bad supports will still have problems.

Classic overwatch “forum” overraction.

Here you go!

Yeah no. I have never and will never value any pros opinion, they are playing a completely different game. This isn’t even a noticable nerf in normal play.

1 Like

Ah, ok, thanks for the link. Honestly, they promise to deploy those changes on November 15th< I highly suspect they will change their mind before that. These nerfs are clearly too harsh, especially for Sombra and Genji.

1 Like

Meanwhile, my response to Genji players crying about their nerfs:

1 Like

Genji is much harder than you think

no he wasnt and its likely these high ranks hack honestly the game is in such a bad state they just need to cancel it…overwatch 2 only came out earlier this montha nd people labeled it a dead game already

While these players may be correct, this is an argument from authority.

They dont play where Genji is absurdly overpowered, thus their opinions dont matter at all.

I agree Genji was over nerfed but we should also never take into account what Flats says. His opinions on the game are always so out landing or biased.

I don’t think it’s overkill but just simply the wrong nerf. He’ll live through this unlike heroes who have been considered bad since the game launched back in 2016 (Bastion, Symmetra, etc). Compared to Sombra who is probably dead upon the patch launching as the hack damage bonus is so low that she’s barely doing more damage than her OW1 version with it (160 in OW1 vs 175 in OW2 with 25% Hack debuff)

They really need to look at how he interacts with the DPS passive specifically because that just makes his snowbally kit snowball even harder. When a hero has almost as much presence in T500 as Sojourn there is probably an issue.

Just get better and shut up. You just want your handheld and the game to be easy…

This is because it completely kills him in high ranks. Support players just whine even though he really is not a problem its just his movement passive.

Genji will be fine, stop trying to rival mercy players in hysteria.

Defense hero players down here with popcorn enjoying all the malding.

1 Like

Nice joke, Mercy is not fine, IS THE WORST SUPPORT, STOP LIE.

It’s reality, as much as you try to cover it, you can’t :wink:

Looks like genji mains will actually need to learn to aim lol