Super early Venture thoughts

She needs better range. I like her close range play style but it lacks dynamics she’s strong when she’s strong but quite LITERALLY useless in long range situations. Take other short range heros (except Reaper) into account, Symmetra has TP and her alt fire, Junk can spam sure he can’t confirm kills but at least he can PRESSURE same with Phara but if Venture doesn’t have a Tank to make space for her or if shes on a long range map it’s just GGs. Her survivability isn’t tracer or reaper or Sombra like so living in the backline isn’t a solution. Either give her falloff (I know not good for projectile heros) orr just give her more range 20m seems fair or maybe remove the splash and let her have infinite range? Just a thought

1 Like

If they give Venture more range, expect to see like a +6 seconds increase in their CD = Venture dead.

Sadly, I think it’s going to be the same situation with Illari, when they basically super nerfed her and now I rarely see Illari in-game. And btw, it doesn’t help that Illari is basically the most difficult support to use in terms of aiming.

Venture’s ult is probably 99.9% going to get nerfed cuz “venture killed me, op hero, nerf” at S10 release. Apart from that, I can’t tell.

1 Like

+6 is crazy 0 chance they do that if you’re going to compensate they 1000% go after the damage or splash nerfing the drill is just dumb and so far her ult seems fine to me. Yeah a 2 shot SEEMS REALLY good on paper but with so much mobility and escape abilitys supports have I think it’s fine

Nothing has impressed me about Venture so far. Outside of the escape tool the hero acts more like an assist to DPS than killers like Sojourn, Widow, Ashe and so on.

That might not necessarily be a bad thing. And admittedly I’ve not used her yet.

I did go against a good Venture that was giving my Lucio trouble. But when I switched to Brig i could punish better with whipshot or bash.

Venture might need a range buff or CD buff to do more work up close.

That doesn’t mean giga chad buffs like you did to Mauga after his trial, devs

She doesn’t need much and I’m hesitant suggesting big changes so early but the ones that stick out to me is

1. The drill NEEDS a quicker start up animation you can’t have an escape ability have a wind up it’s too painful
  2. Range buffs, she is SOOOO SOOO SOOOOO bad in open sight lines probably the worst DPS hero in the game in those situations tbh
  3. Maybe a drill reset like genji dash if she gets an elim? I get that her play style is kinda like old doom 1 ability get in and 1 to get out but neither ability is good at getting in or out :joy: