Suggestions for Mercy from someone with too much time on her šŸ“

Itā€™s 15 seconds, so they share the same ult-duration currently.

2 Likes

oh is it really I thought it was 20 nvm.

Most of the changes are intended to nerf Mercy considerably without sacrificing gameplay.

And maybe I have a wacky standpoint but imo video games are supposed to be fun.

3 Likes

Original Mercy was not nerfed, she got buffed into the best hero in the game and is still currently the best support besides Zen right now. And current Mercy is balanced, balanced heroes should not and will not be priority for buffs and reworks. And Mass Rez was not balanced and Mass Rez will never be balanced in an online competitive PvP FPS game, hence the rework.

in a game where there are so many ults that have 5 man potential if you use that at the perfect time I have a hard time thinking the potential to revive 5 people is inherently OP. in the state we saw it, yeah sure argue that all you want but the moment you get into arguments about ā€œfundamentalsā€ is the moment you lose any argument, on a conceptual level rez was balanced on an ult and even warranted an underpowered hero depending on her competition for the role

while sheā€™s not priority to be fixed I guarantee you if Blizzard has a basic time management board with the Urgent column and Important row, Mercy is on the important but not urgent category if sheā€™s causing this much fuss

4 Likes

The only hangup I have with this post are the rez changes. If your rez changes mean that she would potentially be able to rez more often than she already can, then I canā€™t accept them.

If thatā€™s not the case, then Iā€™m down for it. The mechanic itself wouldnā€™t be bad, it really comes down to how it actually plays out.

exactly this, speaked my mind

Yeah itā€™s pretty well thought out. It caters to both sides of the spectrum. Bringing back Resurrect to her ultimate which is what this game needs again. Valkyrie should be a more flexible to use E ability. Resurrect with the added benefits to ensure Tempo Resurrecting is more effective then Team Rezzing, will put less focus on Mercyā€™s Resurrect but more about staying engaged and healing the team.

1 Like

Mercy 1.0 (the mercy with revive as ultimate) was constantly buffed because she had a low pick rate. She was NOT the best hero in the game. At most she was balanced.

I would advise you to do a little research.

Current Mercy has a really good base kit but a horrible ultimate. If youā€™ve ever played Mercy 2.0 and then played her latest iteration of this version, the nerfs were completely unbelievable. Why did they release Mercy 2.0 in the first place if they were just going to gut her into this? In other words, how could we not be frustrated by Blizzard balance changes if Mercy 2.0 was considered balanced at release? Isnā€™t the notion of saying sheā€™s balanced now, a bit presumptuous?

Either way, Iā€™m not going to comment any further on her unbalanced state. Itā€™s a redundant conversation.

Mass rez was balanced within the scope of the game.

Other FPSs donā€™t have deadeye, self-destruct, dragonblade, or any number team wiping ultimates. But thatā€™s precisely what sets Overwatch apartā€¦

6 Likes

ā€œwhile sheā€™s not priority to be fixed I guarantee you if Blizzard has a basic time management board with the Urgent column and Important row, Mercy is on the important but not urgent category if sheā€™s causing this much fussā€

Absolutely not, like I said earlier Mercy right now has a 85% pick rate in OWL and has a 55% WR in GM, Mercy is in a better state than she was pre rework. There is nothing to fix, she is balanced, point, blank, period. If you can not climb with Mercy and are not having fun playing her then that is a YOU problem, that has nothing to do with the balancing of the Mercy. Unfortunately, it looks like Mercy Mains were too used to their Broken variant of Mercy that nothing will be good enough for you guys now. Which I understand, I still miss Broken season 3/4 Dva, but I recognize that was not healthy for the game and even recently I was happy that they nerfed Dvaā€™s Missile DMG. Which was also not healthy for the game, just like Rez isnā€™t.

"Mercy 1.0 (the mercy with revive as ultimate) was constantly buffed because she had a low pick rate. She was NOT the best hero in the game. At most she was balanced.

I would advise you to do a little research."

I would advise you to learn how to read.

And Mercy 2.0 was definitely not considered balanced at release.

Then bring her back to her Resurrect days and watch her pick rate plummet I can guarantee that. The problem is her kit is so lacklustre itā€™s annoying to play her currently.

Thereā€™s a difference between being a HERO and a SIDEKICK. Mercy is a SIDEKICK right now. She has no room for improvement, her skill ceiling is next to nothing and Resurrect feels cheap and dirty to use when we used to earn Resurrect it was a privilege to use it now itā€™s given to us and feels like a burden.

3 Likes

Really? A personal attack?

I was saying Mercy 1.0 was considered low tier and they had to buff her into balancedā€¦ I donā€™t think I misread you. I think youā€™re just a little hot headed right now.

If you agree with the statement ā€œthat Mercy 2.0 was not balanced at releaseā€,
then why did they release her? That is my question.

3 Likes

Im not a Dev, I donā€™t know why they released her in that state and why it took them 4 months to nerf a hero that was so broken. And your little ā€œI would advise you to do a little research.ā€ was a dig at me, donā€™t play innocent. You misread my post evidently.

1. the devs care about a hero being fun, which is why I specifically said she is not priority at this moment. but if a hero is making this much of a fuss then theyā€™re going to do SOMETHING to answer problemā€™s being had, imagine you are a developer and you do a rework to something people once enjoyed, somehow after 3 months the hate to this idea hasnā€™t died down, do you start to think ā€œmaybe itā€™s worth a bit of tweakingā€? Iā€™d hope so

2. in one sentence you say ā€œsheā€™s better then she was pre-reworkā€ and in the next you say ā€œpeople who complain about Mercy are used to an OP heroā€
    have you seen ANYONE want to go back to an OP state of Valkyrie, maybe one or two people just wanting minor buffs to make the ult feel better but over all no one calling for steps backwards wants to go just one or two steps back they want a revert to 1.0, that translates to a lower pick and win rate in both Overwatch Esports and anywhere above platā€¦ but you think we want an OP heroā€¦ OP but somehow lower then she is now on the pickrate above plat where ana becomes actually viable skill wise.

edit: No I myself am not adcovating a revert to 1.0. while it is a pipe dream of mine itā€™s not what Iā€™m trying to get the attention for, as you can read just a few posts up in the thread I linked for Titanium

4 Likes

Well my logic is this: ā€œIf they can release her brokenā€, then she can be ā€œnerfed into stupidā€.

I had no intent to insult you. I genuinely was trying to ā€˜catch you upā€™ on the whole Mercy discussion.

Iā€™ve been doing my best to be as informative as possible. This community can become a little dense.

ā€œOP but somehow lower then she is now on the pickrate above plat where ana becomes actually viable skill wise.ā€

I donā€™t get what this means, but Ana is hot trash above Plat, too.

Their pick-rates were more or less similar because Zen/lucio comps dominated up there.
dosneā€™t change the fact, youā€™re bad mouthing the people mad about these changes as ā€œjust wanting an OP heroā€ when anyone calling for steps backwards is calling for a revert to a time where her pick rate and win rate were both lower then they are now.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think OPā€™s intention was to discuss Mass Rez, so could we get back on topic please? Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t say they wanted an OP hero, I said too used to one. And she will not be reverted, I can guarantee you that. Blizzard very, very rarely ever reverts balance changes.