Suggestions for Mercy from someone with too much time on her šŸ“

Would she be able to hold multiple rezzes or not?

no, op has been updated to clarify this

1 Like

Thank you for giving your input yet again EeveeA.

I completely agree with you that Mercy is mostly balanced, but sorely lacking in the engaging and fun department.

I appreciate your suggestions because it allows player choice to matter more. Skillful Mercy play should result in more saved lives, which right now is sorely lacking.

I especially support the idea of rez being earned and easier to cast. It keeps Mercy active in the fight and rewards her for doing so.

I hope this thread will not suffer the fate of so many other Mercy threads, but if it doesā€¦wellā€¦youā€™ll be in good company there.

Iā€¦ agree with pretty much every change proposed. If weā€™re not simply getting Mercy 1.0 back, this is the next best thing. Sure beats the current Mercy by a long shot, as this actually seems fun to play.

Maybe double her ammo for the duration of the ult in addition to the increased rate of fire?

1 Like

Neptuno would like to say something.

I love all those changes, however I would like to mention that having res as an earned ability creates a situation where healing is more valuable for Mercy than it is for other healers. Meaning; if I donā€™t have res, Iā€™m going to get frustrated with the lucio who is snagging my heals for his own ult charge when mine is more important because I get ult charge AND res charge from healing. It just creates an odd dynamic between healers.

this is a great idea, nice thinking!! the only problem is we probably wonā€™t see changes in her for a while, once blizzard has fixed the heroes they need fixed and have gotten their priorities out of the way, theyā€™ll revisit mercy.

Thereā€™s no certainty theyā€™ll re-visit Mercy, one can only hope they will.

i really donā€™t think mercy needs balance changes.

they most likely will. itā€™s not like theyā€™ll ever leave one hero alone forever. besides with a whole mega thread about her, sheā€™ll most likely get changes.

Wonderful suggestions but no one will want to go back to instant res and itā€™s the main problem the developers had to tackle. It doesnā€™t matter even if itā€™s ā€œearnedā€. 21 seconds of healing is nothing to have an instant in combat res.

21 seconds isnā€™t enough to rein in the power of instant res in the middle of a fight.

1 Like

There is no instant rez, itā€™d be the same cast time as it is currently and the 21s is if you were constantly healing damage nonstop without any deaths. On avg, charging rez would still be around 30s and possibly even more. This option just rewards you with a possible faster rez than the current locked 30s cooldown if you seriously did work.

They didnā€™t specify but if itā€™s not instant then I agree with all of these changes wholeheartedly.

I already have that ā€˜problemā€™ by virtue of me always trying to get gold healing in the games Iā€™m in. If someone manages to snatch gold healing from me, it means Iā€™ve been slacking off and need to git gud.

OH itā€™s EeveeA! I posted the doc in the megathread but I might redirect this over there :open_mouth:

Does it though?

In most cases I would agree but if this idea were implemented Mercy would essentially get double value out of such an act.

So yes, the enemy team would get ult charge but Mercy would get ult charge and her res at the same time.

Thank you for the laugh

Sadly she isnā€™t an exception. Sheā€™s gonna end up in there like the rest of us :weary:

3 Likes

I really like these ideas.

The ā€œResurrect via resource meterā€ idea was one I saw floating around and liked, but I forgot about it. Seeing you bring it back up and flesh it out is nice.

I donā€™t really know when Blizzard will get back to working on Mercy (if ever), but I think they should consider this design when they do.