Stylosa goes over private AMA

I will likely only be happy if that “serious” look on the support side of things is longer then 20 mins…

Because we heavily been avoiding that so far.

He’s pretending he’s leaking something because it gets more views.

There was a content creator AMA and they are allowed to share everything.

It’s the same one that confirmed the Pride stuff.

1 Like

He said grab a drink. I got my whole dinner AND a drink.

1 Like

The content creators get a lot more access than that. They are treated as 1st class citizens. Before covid, they would be flown in for AMA/Q&A and go to pubs and stuff with the dev team. They still log 2-way convos with devs in that discriminatory discord channel (the one that, when not talking about top1% complaints, makes fun of low ranks and normies). These guys are algorithmically whitelisted, show up on bnet launcher, and have some of the easiest games I’ve ever seen at ranks 3000sr above what they look like. Sadly, so much of OW2 will probably come from their groupthink. They’ll be the first to have keys, and will be making clickbait livelihoods months before you can even get your $0.02 in with the designers.

I can’t wait for them to wipe the slate clean and create a fresh new A-list for OW2.

3 Likes

I am surprised about a private AMA, well it does not seem too bad

should be time stamped but 11:15 in case its not…

THAT is the most important question and i think the BEST answer given in the whole interview…because like i said this morning - this speaks the the CHIEF PROBLEM with the game…

so happy to hear them talk about the complications of making changes in the game and more importantly HOW people approach the game…people think things are just simply do X and Y happens

paraphrasing - “the community seems to think the game is in a balanced game right now…but most of our players dont want to engage in our game that way”

the following question about smurfs/matchmaking is also pretty good

4 Likes

Interesting that Aaron uses the word “abusing” for alt/smurf accounts. That’s a noticeable shift from the stance under the previous management.

1 Like

Given how bad the questions in the stream were, that came from Twitter, maybe it was the best approach.

I hope that includes bigger SR gains for those of us abused by the horrible mmr system.

I think that support Sym is a terrible idea. She’d just be even worse at damage and probably the worst support in the game. Just make a new hero at that point. But leave Sym alone.

Question quality is up in the air, but I do hope they address some of the harder questions. I am guessing there will be a lot of questions regarding 5v5.

This makes sense since it is hard to makes changes for balance versus fun. Like the tanks maybe balanced for the most part but even less people want to play tanks.

Thanks for sifting through the video to find that.

The question was “how did you test 5v5’s impact on queue times, and can you share how it helped?” to anyone else wondering.

Just watching this first map and it’s disgusting alleyway filled with trash, ladders, dumpsters, and other debris surrounded by these old buildings that are clearly faded and in a poor state - I just have to wonder. Why. Why is this a location they chose, and why focus here, in some gross back alleyway? Why would I want to play a match here?

The OW team is making choices that are beyond stupid ~ I thought everyone knew that escapism fantasy was about… Y’know, fantasy escapism? That’s why even Junkertown looks really cool and interesting in unique ways, despite it literally being a town made out of junk. They could have made a million choices for this futuristic Rio, and this is what they chose? There isn’t even any interesting graffiti anywhere to look at, just… Musty buildings and trash?

Yeah really honoring Lucio with that.

specifically it was that…but the response was much broader and talking about how the community approaches the game and the difficulties with making changes in general with that in line

1 Like

Um, who in the community said that? I get the whole “different people different opinions” thing but I doubt whoever the “biggest group” is, they don’t think everything is currently balanced.

1 Like

I made some content in the bathroom earlier.
:drooling_face:

2 Likes

The trouble is I think their response can be read as “when we simulated it in an experiment where employees chose the heroes we asked them to, queue times were good for all roles”. Go figure.

1 Like

Telling you guys, you will fundamentally regret making Sym a healer… you will regret it.

The thing is this: players hate her signature ability, turrets. They tried healing turrets, they stink. As long as she has turrets, she will be never allowed to 1) excel in the game, and 2) never compete as a Support vs. the Big Four Supports, Ana/Mercy/Bap/Moira. I have been saying all along, take these Support ideas for Sym and contrive a non-turret hero for Support.

I will miss Sym as she was, playing her as a 3rd rate healer is just lame beyond belief. Thank God I made the decision to swap off Sym in favor of Echo…

Honestly sick of the favoritism shown toward “content creator” with their private AMA and secret discord. Utterly gross.

1 Like