(Sty) Overwatch 2 Ranked Matchmaking is a Scam

Overwatch 2 matchmaker is destroying what little fun is left in ranked.
0:00 Intro
0:13 Matchmaker Problems Explained
1:25 Why Ranked is Pointless
3:54 Bad Ranked Experience Examples
6:44 Why Overwatch Competitive is So Bad
10:58 Removing Competitive Elements - Downgrading the Experience
12:42 Overwatch 1 Was Better
14:56 In Conclusion

1 Like

I think these YouTubers just need to git gud. It is not the matchmaker like everyone says, it is really more of a skill issue.

3 Likes

Your skill intentionally places you lower then you were last season so you are forced to play competitive longer, thereby artificially increasing the player count in competitive. Because skill is the issue?

4 Likes

If only they could update the training grounds and other such modes.

Beside likely waiting for PvE to cover that.

Honestly don’t know when PvE is coming yet, could be November or next Year.

I was just pretending to be one of “those guys” to be facetious. Matchmaking is definitely broken, and the ranked system is… Interesting. But not in a good way.

1 Like

For real. This dude missed his javelin at 1:30. How could it even be possible for anything he says to be true?

Clear skill issue. An issue that I don’t have because I’m just so damn good. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I agree. Somewhere they made an official post about how it was a literal scam.
Where is that article btw someone pls link. You would call it dev MM update #1 where the recent one is #2.

ofc there are the old scott mercer posts, which explain how it was rigged during basically all of ow1. and the patents that showcase a company who’s entire goal is to take your cash and rig your experience.

Now they 180 and claim it’s been fair all along?

But recently…whoah…red flags! If they can’t even get it straight on record, we DEFINITELY need to see the code from launch, from s1, from live, and every season going forward.

No more paper shredding (they did this during their lawsuits).

1 Like