(Sty) Overwatch 2 Dva REWORK & Are Tanks BAD in 5v5?!

Even though this was with the questionable Support nerfs.

This is something that D. Va and Roadhog players should pay attention to.

Because if Devs fail at establishing strong Tank and Support roles for OW2.

Then why not play another FPS game entirely.

12 Likes

True, Tanks need to be able to EFFECTIVELY close the distance in order to deal damage (Reinhardt having two Firestrikes and better Charge control don’t help with that). As for Supports, with their healing being reduced, their utility or ability to fend for themselves will need to be improved: the new videos showed that Supports were just getting uncontested by flanks with little in the ways of doing much.

Additionally, a lot of the maps still have the same problem as current: not enough natural cover to justify one Tank, and health packs being in unconventional locations, so Supports are still the only source of consistent healing. They really need to address that.

5 Likes

Honestly worried for Wrecking Ball and future heroes.

Feeding might becoming a major issue.

Plus if you kill the Tank now, it’s basically over.

The future is concerning.

1 Like

If his displacement is being reduced, his damage (Quad Cannons) is going to need some increase.

Before his current changes, I had these in mind:

• Grappling Claw: has a durability duration of 5 seconds (he can stay attached to something before being automatically broken)
  • Adaptive Field: shields/overhealth degrade during the ability’s duration, rather than removing all of it as the duration ends.
  • New Passive (Roll N’ Repair): heals himself when moving in Ball Form (20hp/s)

Then again, this was under my idea of Overwatch, where every hero feels like their actual character: Wrecking Ball being the adventurous, whimsical hamster who is also the reigning champion of The Scrapyard.

2 Likes

Man, I can’t day much from a balance perspective but I love how independent this change would theoretically make Ball

2 Likes

Maybe the balance is off because of the future heroes.

But since we haven’t seen any new established Support or Tank heroes…

Don’t know if that’s the case yet.

Could easily be the reverse.

Better charge control does help with that because it gives him a mobility option. Winston/Hammond 100% work on the idea of closing distance through speed. The issue is more does charge have enough speed and low enough cooldown to get himself out should things go to crap?

Better speed, more cancelations possible, and better turning make charge a semi-viable space closing tool. However, I think its lag and cooldown are still too much on top of it not being fast enough as rein is completely exposed during charges. It is still a concern, but its still a tool to close shorter distances now and be threatening from a bit further out. Just needs a few more tweaks though.

1 Like

True, but I feel like that’d go against what they are currently envisioning: if the new Supports and Tanks are the reason certain Tanks and Supports are the way they are, then doesn’t that mean that those two roles are MORE dependent on hero pick, rather than individual preferred play?

They better not pull a League of Legends where the new heroes are just better versions of old heroes: I believe every hero should have something to offer, and shouldn’t be so powerful that they are practically needed.

My problem is that it leaves him exposed and susceptible to damage and CC (Sleep Dart doesn’t seem to have any adjustments). I would’ve at least added a reduced movement penalty when Barrier Shield is deployed, as a way to get into range without leaving yourself exposed.

1 Like

Currently imagining a nightmare where The new heroes are even better versions of the current strong in this “meta”.

Like a Zen clone as a DPS that would cross a line and spark a lot of Black Flags.

1 Like

Those games are generic FPS gaming.
Regardless of 5v5 or 6v6 it doesn’t seriously matter.

Overwatch still revolves around Abilities unlike every other FPS out there.

1 Like

Just saying it’s like our current Moon and could just leave us depending on the direction of the future.

It’s not “generic FPS #X” because it changed format, it’s the concern that the TTK is going to be too low, and problems in the predecessor game will/are not being addressed.

If anything, OW2 reminds me of XDefiant: abilities, objectives, but at the end of the day, what character you choose doesn’t matter, but how many frags you can get compared to the enemy team.

Overwatch was a game where you could play whatever hero you wanted, and still have fun and a chance of winning, but now, it feels like heroes are becoming cookie-cutter and losing their sense of identity in the long run…

3 Likes

I do agree I DO indeed want STRONG Tanks.

1 Like

Going afk, got life things to take care of.

Hopefully Devs will talk more about Balance of the future.