"Stuttering" Keyboard and Mouse Inputs

Hello,

I’ve had an ongoing issue while playing Overwatch on PC. That issue is “stuttering” keyboard and mouse inputs. In the midst of playing - especially when there are multiple other players nearby - the keys I select and the motion of my mouse will temporarily stop, anywhere from a couple tenths of a second to a couple of seconds. It’s fairly random, except for the aforementioned factor of “how many other players are in my immediate vicinity?”

I am aware of the issue with Discord experienced by others, which is why I have been deactivating Discord altogether when I play. I’ve attempted shutting down every other background program that I can manage, adjusting down my graphics settings, repairing the game, updating graphics drivers, restarting my computer, using different USB keyboard/mice, and several other things. The problem persists in spite of all of this.

I play Overwatch on Xbox using the same Internet connection, and I don’t experience this issue on Xbox, so I don’t think it’s my ISP. I play other online games on my computer that do not have this problem. So I’m confident I have localized it to the Overwatch program… but I have no other idea for potential root causes or solutions.

P.S. This issue has also gone on for me for months. I have tried quitting the game for periods of time in the hopes that there is something in the current game build that will be resolved in a future update. Sometimes, the problem truly does go away. But it also has a habit of coming back.

I see stuttering caused by

• Excessive CPU usage.
  • Razor Synapse loaded.

Right now the CPU stuttering in Frame-rates is caused by the engine of the game calling for the wrong piece of hardare to be rendered, but if you are experiencing “ghosting” or input lag. If a person is using programs like Razor Synapse, Logitech or Steele series software for their custom gaming hardware such as computer and mice. It is the software causing the issue and it must be REMOVED.

I have a Razor Keyboard and I simply removed it, the problem went away.

I hope that might help!

1 Like