Stuffed by bunker comp again, fun

Playing 2 CP, win the first fight easy. Other team goes bunker comp with Bastion/Orisa etc and get stuffed for the next 7 minutes. Balanced game.

2 Likes

Go Sombra.

1 Like

D.va Bomb, into EMP before it goes off. Usually works.

1 Like

On that same note, grav dragon is pretty decent against it too. Orisa can walk out, but who cares? Hanzo is also decent against Bastion regardless and Zarya gets charged off him easily enough.

3 Likes

I think this is less of a bunker comp problem and more of a 2CP problem.

3 Likes

Mei+Hanzo and wall them above the shield. Works a treat against pirate ship too. Doesn’t even need Hanzo, just tell your team to get ready to focus the bastion above the wall. Throw in a Roadhog as a shield breaker.

As a prolific Orisa player, the thing I strive for is to make the enemy give up cos they think the shield is unbreakable. Casual focus fire against the shield has me sweating bullets that everything is going to fall to pieces… If you see an Orisa charging ahead of the shield with fortify body blocking for the shield there’s a good chance it’s all about to fall apart.

Meanwhile the last bunker comp I tried had all the pieces, except the Bastion refused to get behind my shield. We lost.

That’s the whole point of bunker. Bastion sitting behind Orisa shield.

Tell the Bastion that.

Thanks for the good advice on a complaining post. I used to try Sombra, but it’d take a while to build up ult when everyone is grouped up and then it all falls onto winning the fight with EMP. Mei might be a more reliable approach.

1 Like

Sombra is THE answer which obliterates this and virtually all deathball comps… if you’re good at Sombra and have comms etc.
Unfortunately for most people this isn’t an option. Orisa/Bastion is like Pharmercy in that individually these are bad heroes, but combined their synergy is so strong that it requires an equally good synergy to contend with it. The other issue is that these pairings require virtually no cooperation to make it work relative to what’s required to counter it.

The other issue is that, similar to brig, these characters are pretty bad outside of these roles so (at least it’s my opinion that) it’s not really grounds to hit them with the nerf bat.

Give Mei a crack or even Roadhog and just relentlessly pummel the shield. The Orisa is just banking on you giving up before it breaks :wink:

The only reason I am hesitant to play competitive is payload maps.

I encountered bunker in previous seasons, can’t imagine what it is now with Baptiste.

1 Like

How is it that people keep saying this happens so often but his pickrate is still complete garbage?

Mei’s Frostwall, Torbs Molten Core are also good, though the latter you may need to get an unorthodox angle to give them the hot Super Soaker Oozinator.

Mei’s Blizzard is a decent plan B too against a stationary group of bunker comp.

Anw against a bunker comp which is kinda all-in, you should look for opportunities to combo ults. Esp in 2CP maps, you just need to win the fight convincingly once, and you should have an opportunity to score.

There is a way to kill bunker comp completely. A method that was pulled by London Spitfire, where D.va bomb combo with Hanzo Dragonstrike.

Bomb was thrown to get enemies together inside Immortality, bomb destroys the immo, followed by a dragonstrike that destroys the comp.

But like any method, it has it’s flaws ofc. I don’t think we ever get anyone to cooperate 100% nor 70%. Unless we get a real friend pulling creative tricks to wreck enemy teams.

Also I have no idea how Overbuff calculates hero pick rates but it is 100% wrong in my bracket at least. It says Bastion is picked less than Tracer but I almost never see Tracer and see Bastion at least once every 3-4 games.

Overbuff is a very poor source of OW data, imo

1 Like

Its literally all bunker. Its a nightmare. I used to be in high plat and the last two seasons Ive been in gold because of the bunker comp and smurfs/throwers. I just did comp today and I would highly NOT reccommend it to anyone. Everybody plays the same bastion orisa/rein ans moira/zen/lucio. Breaking the shield is very frustrating.

1 Like

Thankfully my first and only game was played in the new map, high platinum and even so Baptiste’s impact felt evident without Bastion being there.

Even in the previous seasons, I used to tell my teammates NOT to run bunker first if they wanted the game to not turn into a boring fiesta. Once I had over 25 minutes of Dorado.

1 Like