Stuck on hero screen midmatch then kicked for inactivity

Hello, I was in a ranked match and mid-match, I couldn’t select any hero and was stuck on the hero select screen. I tried pressing escape key, alt tabbing… everything but was still stuck on the screen. This caused me to be kicked out of the game for inactivity along with a time penalty and sr penalty. Can anything be done about this? I am very upset about the sr penalty especially, as I worked hard to grind up to mid-masters, and am now placed in low diamond matches. It looks like a lot of other players are experiencing something similar too, with their ranks being demoted by an entire 4-5 ranks if they get kicked out for inactivity.

3 Likes

+1 to this. I also got severely downranked from high diamond back to play because the game just lost connection and didn’t give me an option to rejoin.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

I just had the same happen in B.O.B. and weave arcade mode.

Joined in, selected Lifeweaver (redundant step to begin with, can’t select anyone else) and pressed “ready”. The “ready” button turned into a “continue” button which did nothing, neither did escape, or any other button except “chat”. The onClick animation of the different buttons all worked, so my inputs definitely got through to the game. It just didn’t do anything with them.

I saw the countdown and had just enough time to explain what was happening to my team before being kicked out. Queuing as fast as possible just slotted me into another game with different players instead of reconnecting me to the game i was just kicked out of.