Stuck on endless applying update

Same here. Blizzard needs to fix the game

1 Like

hopefully they action soon this is really annoying, i have never had issues with entering my games

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in, hopefully the issue becomes more visible, but the same just happened to me a few minutes ago. First queue of the day and i get a penalty. :confused:

This may have happened this season as well, but i was also penalized for getting a server error and got kicked out of a match. I don’t expect the penalties to be reversed, but hopefully they’ll be looking more into it if more people report the issue, if they haven’t already.

1 Like

this happened to me today after i updated my game, and now when i queue comp it wont load me into the game half the time and i keep getting penalties, never had this issue prior to the most recent update.

2 Likes

Got suspended from comp TWICE because of this annoying glitch. They better revert the penalties cause this is bs.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

1 Like

It did happen to me last season, with suspension. At first I thought it’s my internet, but it seems to be related to some (server?) update.

1 Like

I just posted a topic about this. I should have checked first to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

I could see messages popping up behind the Applying Updates overlay, but I couldn’t do anything about them. I couldn’t even open the chat to read them. They were just blurred behind the overlay. I couldn’t open the menu to try and change settings or exit, either. After a few minutes, I had to alt+tab out of the game.

Funny thing is, I wasn’t having this issue yesterday, after the update dropped. It just started for me as I was trying to play comp. So now I have a suspension and will probably be lumped with a bunch of people who are quick to leave games, which is gonna be so frustrating…provided I can get the game to work.

I just wanted to play some comp and have some fun, but I guess no fun for me.

:cry:

1 Like

Same happend to me! I got suspended for nothing. thx bliz

1 Like

I’ve been getting leavers in the first minute of the round almost every other game, I guess this is why it’s happening.

Seems like one of the ways to avoid this is to maybe join the Practice Range or anything other than comp just once. You’ll see the “Applying Update” message and after awhile you’ll get in game. If it’s stuck on that, just close the game and do the same, it should successfully apply the update. Make sure to do this every time you start playing though, as it seems to come back after closing the game for awhile

1 Like

Same here and then I got suspended from comp which is ridiculous since it’s not even my fault

1 Like

How come they can get away with this? They have a bug and penalty the users for that? So frekking annoying, it takes like 10 games to climb back after this :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Same here. with recent patch. I got comp suspended due to infinite applying update.

1 Like

Same thing just happened to me as well.

1 Like

Same. Happened to me twice and I had to leave for a legitimate reason last night. So I’m on an 8hr ban

1 Like

So far 2 times and probably 2x losses of SR? Not only needs to be fixed but also get our SR back for compensation!

1 Like

Same issue here, “applying update” bug happened twice to me since the patch on 4/25/2023, leading to competitive suspensions both times. It does not feel safe to play the game right now. My ticket to support got closed with a boilerplate response where the agent didn’t seem to understand the problem I was describing and blamed my home PC/internet.

1 Like

This is happening to me as well. I am now on an 8 hour suspension!

1 Like

I just got my ticket response from Blizz. they didn’t even read it. They just gave me a generic “We don’t overturn leaver penalties.”

Really need some communication from them because this is enough to make me install paladins.

1 Like

Only devs can do that and they aren’t really communicating in the forum about this huge issue. I noticed you’re on an 8 hour ban, you are getting real close to the seasonal ban so I recommend avoiding competititve until they resolve this.

1 Like