Stuck in mid-diamond and it's NOT my fault

Watched the video. Yes it is.

1 Like

It might be better for some people once they get to diamond, to look for a team, even if it’s just being an extra for casual pick up scrims.

The environment OW does best in is a team based one, which involves a level of familiarity with teammates and opponents.

Sometimes in order to climb you need to grind out familiarity of the field in order to play into it properly.

So instead of placing your dignity on a ranked mode which involves RNG elements that take time to weed out how you synergies or personally counter someone.

Go form team relationships with people, even make a meme teams or anything to keep the game interesting. I think ranked brings necessary attentions to wins and loses and not better focus on personal process and improvement.

The hardest part of team based games is getting over blaming your team. You may very well be right, or ignorantly wrong, just the reaction doesn’t help win games. Sometimes having more faith in your team, or using your avoids reasonably can make the experience seem less like one step forwards two steps back.

1 Like

I guess DF isn’t as OP as you thought?

Jokes aside, your gameplay looks mid diamond to me. You don’t appear to have an idea of what you should be doing to counter the enemy most of the time. After watching the first round on Lijiang Tower, I can say that there is definitely more you could have done there. Their team is running Zen / Ana into a DF, and they didn’t have a McCree / Sombra / Hog. Their backline should have constantly been walking back from spawn. You kinda just try a brawl style DF, but it doesn’t actually work because you’re not focusing on isolating targets. You’re not assassinating their squishies, you’re not displacing and bullying their Reinhardt, you’re not playing anti-flank and counterdiving THEIR Doomfist, you’re just kinda flailing around and punching whatever you can. Your uppercuts seem super random a lot of the time, and your mechanics in general are pretty shaky. You should be able to consistently RP cancel almost every single time, but I saw you mess it up a lot more than you should have.

If you want to climb past mid diamond, you have to play BETTER than a mid diamond player.

2 Likes

First off, you one trick doom.
3:39 You dont finish zarya and don’t call it out.
3:48 You wiff every ability and their doom gets kills.
4:00 Nice you finally secured a kill, after everyone on your team is dead. You also stagger yourself.
5:20 Your team gets kills, you feed.
5:57 The 1v6 with no cooldowns left.
8:00 You enter with barely any cooldowns and you cant reach the backline because they already backed up.
8:50 Enemy doom popped off. He hit nearly every cooldown.
9:28 Unlucky.
20:15 Get your ears checked, don’t blame it on bad sound design, I can hear her.
21:30 Unlucky.

21:55 You screwed up such a simple punch. It wouldn’t matter since your team is already dead but still.
25:45 Probably better you use your ult when you know where the weak targets are.
25:48 You went too far in and didn’t bother considering that zen might have ult. Plus there was a shield infront of zen, he could have dodged it. Start ult tracking.
37:40 You decide to flex 3 minutes into the game.
38:50 Look at that, your team played better now.
39:07 You got countered and punished.
39:40 You did nothing but feed.
40:55 At this point you lost 2 people when the enemy team used emp, moira ult, and molten load. You rarely win in this position.
41:25 You aren’t even seen as a threat by the enemy lmao
42:35 You know there’s more to hammond than just spinning in circles. Roll into them and roll out, get a fat pile drive.
45:30 You have a hog communicate halt+hook.
46:25 Classic snowball effect, enemy team was better and played together.

49:45 You got your zen low enough for soldier to kill him.
50:45-51:16 Thirty seconds of you botting out.
54:30 Your team is still capping point A and you feed.
55:40 You are so lost on what to do that you end up punching an ulting zen.
56:05 You’re already down 2. Reset.
1:00:5 You are absent the entire team fight getting health packs.
1:01:54 They all know you are there and you still go.
1:02:20 Even if you land your slam, you are 1v2.
1:05:32 Zero impact reaper. There’s a reason people in high elo say reaper is bad, and you couldn’t get value out of him in diamond.

Flex when you have to before a game starts. Pick your hero that you want to play but flex if your team comp is bad, try to fix before the round starts, otherwise accept the L. Literally the only time I see you use your mic is when you are dead or at the end of a round. I doubt you are using your mic for comms, maybe start there. Also don’t be toxic, it tilts your team. Low elo isn’t really about being able to carry games, it’s honestly more about the team making less mistakes than the enemy. I’ve played games as lucio where I deal less than 1000 damage and I get silver healing but I lived with zero deaths, got perfect sound barriers and made sure my ana/mercy/moira didn’t die.
You can easily climb to masters but you have to recognize that you were the one constant thing in those 3 games.

8 Likes

Wait, they say that?

This 2000% till the end of time. Take ownership of your matches and play to learn are the two best pieces of advice I could give anyone in this game.

Totally agree

As for the OP, I’m no Doomfist expert, but I felt as if you held your ultimate too long at times when you could have grabbed a quick kill safely and possibly charged up your ult again sooner after.

yes it is. Solo players clearly capable of getting into m/gm/top500

But the enemy within!

Nerf that guy!

This.

All you need to do is literally spell out whats happening to your team.

It looked like he wasn’t in the voice channel at all, which means his team can’t even tell him what they’re doing.

9/10 times mentalities like this are the reason you’re hardstuck. Overwatch is about the mental game. Good games and improvement start with the mentality.

Muting voice comms and one-tricking Doomfist is what got me to Diamond in the first place! (People who play damage heroes and play in EU should understand.)

I plug my Twitch because:

1. People seem to do less strange stuff when they know they’re on a stream.
  2. If someone accuses me of being deadweight, they can watch my stream after.
  3. Once Replays go live, people will have no reason to visit. Gotta plug before that happens.
  4. Why not?

I agree with Wilkham that one tricking is not an issue. The team, “Clockwork Vendetta” proved that even at the highest levels of play you can successfully one-trick (and even more so when the hero is extremely strong on ladder like Doomfist). Top-500 players like Dannedd, Purge, and Byeongjang are further proof of this.

In volskaya you end up with no dmg and always play alone, you report your team for being tozic but you write " idiots". I need no more to watch

Here’s the big difference between those players and you, they are better. They are mechanically and mentally better in every way than you.

Clockwork vendetta has amazing team synergy but so far they need to prove themselves even further. EU recently has been meme’d on for their performance in the Atlantic Showdown.

For every couple good one tricks in gm/t500, there are thousands of bad one tricks in the other ranks.

Good and bad are relative. I don’t believe one-tricking works for them only because they’re good/have synergy. I think it works because one-tricking is simply the best way to play the game - especially important for a lower rank players like myself to master one hero and all their ins and outs.

I think I’m onto something though. I may have figured out how to get myself into “the zone”. Will write a new thread on it shortly.