Stuck in mid-diamond and it's NOT my fault

Plugging ur own twitch with 2 views in match chat. I hate those people lmfao that’s a yikes from me my dude

1 Like

so from what I can see, you are spending way too much time in their back lines.

Yes you kill Ana a lot, but it is worthless when you don’t take advantage of the 5v6 after. It’s basically a 5v5 on point cause neither of you are there.

Your comms are… well wrong a lot of the time, you can kill a healer or distract a tank, but that doesn’t mean you are doing the thing that will win the fight. So getting a kill is great dont get me wrong, but if the fights are still being lost after losing a support, your target should change to the enemy that is stopping your pushes.

Getting a kill then sitting back is basically throwing at your rank, you need to be killing the support then immediately moving on the next target.

4 Likes

People desperate for views on their garbage twitch stream

LMAO, thanks for making me laugh lol.

3 Likes

I think its stupid to link it to people playing the game in general, but before is starts? Yea lemme just start watching and leave the game that is about to start.

4 Likes

Hi, gm here.
Your gameplay is far from a casual diamond player.
I would suggest Master.

It look like your team is far less skilled and coordinated than the enemy one and that you’re the only one using your brain in it.

I think it’s again a matchmaking problems. The game put you with bad player against medium skilled player and hope you can carry them.
It’s called handicapping MMR.

it’s not because you’re a Doomfist ot.
One tricking is not a problem bellow T500’s rank because you’ll always be able to play versus your counter. For example a lot of people can achieve high T500 in SoloQ by one tricking Doomfist without any problem.

Of course it can be a problem sometime but this is not the topic.

Your gameplay seem master for me. i recommand you to just try to improve and have fun, maybe another day you’ll be able to carry your team. But for now you’re not able to.

3 Likes

Isn’t anything above diamond more to do with understanding the field.

Meaning you know the players in those ranks, you know how to personally counter them, and you are capable of properly communicating with a team.

I think a lot of things holding people back aren’t to do with gameplay but relate to small things which synergise the gameplay. In other words the team element becomes more important after plat.

There are some talented players in diamond, there is just a lot of team work issues to get through. It’s a grind and a climb that’s for sure.

I am stuck in mid/high plat and I absolutely emphasize. People on these forums will pretend that it’s all fair but it’s a team game for a reason. Unless you are playing at a significantly higher level than the rest of the people in your elo, you are going to be stuck there. I mean I have horror stories just from today, like a Hanzo and a soldier 76 that are being pocketed by me that do not understand the simple command of shoot the turret. It wasn’t even behind shields, the enemy were not using a shield tank.

Or just 10 minutes ago. I bite the bullet, I am solo tanking as Orisa, everybody goes off to 5 corners of the map, I have a max charge zarya and brig hitting me with everything they got and meanwhile this Ana is whining that monkey keeps killing her. I tell her 10 times, switch to moira, switch to Mercy, switch to sombody who can avoid dying to monkey but nope, so I’m a solo Orisa with no dps backup and a healer who can’t stay alive for more than 10 seconds. What am I supposed to do?

And you know what? You can tell me all you want that I belong in the SR bracket I have and I might even agree with you but I will never EVER agree that a soldier 76 instalocker who is pocketed by Mercy being unable to shoot a shieldless torb turret belongs in the same rank as me.

1 Like

Hey bud I’m gonna throw a curveball at you and suggest that maybe it is your fault. :ooo

2 Likes

I think people tend to get too tied up on a fixed number that represents their skill, when in reality it’s a bit more complex, and most people fall within a range. SR is also distributed on a bell curve, so people closer to the average are typically operating at a larger range variance than those on the ends.

For example, someone in gold or plat may very easily compare to those within a +/-200SR range and realistically still be playing against enemies that are roughly as good as them. People like to look at their season highs as indications of “their rank” but I think if people start thinking about it more in terms of a range, they’ll see that when they are near their season high they’re really operating near the peak of their skill, and small improvements over time will increase that peak, but for the most part it’s not that big of a deal to be playing matches that are 100 or even 200SR below that.

Over time if you take the opportunity to improve you should slowly see that peak go up. While it’s true that someone who is GM/T500/etc can very easily climb through the ranks because they can be so effective at carrying, but if your real peak SR is say, 3000, then it’s really not that unreasonable to be at 2900 and have it take time to progress.

Watched the video. Yes it is.

1 Like

It might be better for some people once they get to diamond, to look for a team, even if it’s just being an extra for casual pick up scrims.

The environment OW does best in is a team based one, which involves a level of familiarity with teammates and opponents.

Sometimes in order to climb you need to grind out familiarity of the field in order to play into it properly.

So instead of placing your dignity on a ranked mode which involves RNG elements that take time to weed out how you synergies or personally counter someone.

Go form team relationships with people, even make a meme teams or anything to keep the game interesting. I think ranked brings necessary attentions to wins and loses and not better focus on personal process and improvement.

The hardest part of team based games is getting over blaming your team. You may very well be right, or ignorantly wrong, just the reaction doesn’t help win games. Sometimes having more faith in your team, or using your avoids reasonably can make the experience seem less like one step forwards two steps back.

1 Like

I guess DF isn’t as OP as you thought?

Jokes aside, your gameplay looks mid diamond to me. You don’t appear to have an idea of what you should be doing to counter the enemy most of the time. After watching the first round on Lijiang Tower, I can say that there is definitely more you could have done there. Their team is running Zen / Ana into a DF, and they didn’t have a McCree / Sombra / Hog. Their backline should have constantly been walking back from spawn. You kinda just try a brawl style DF, but it doesn’t actually work because you’re not focusing on isolating targets. You’re not assassinating their squishies, you’re not displacing and bullying their Reinhardt, you’re not playing anti-flank and counterdiving THEIR Doomfist, you’re just kinda flailing around and punching whatever you can. Your uppercuts seem super random a lot of the time, and your mechanics in general are pretty shaky. You should be able to consistently RP cancel almost every single time, but I saw you mess it up a lot more than you should have.

If you want to climb past mid diamond, you have to play BETTER than a mid diamond player.

2 Likes

First off, you one trick doom.
3:39 You dont finish zarya and don’t call it out.
3:48 You wiff every ability and their doom gets kills.
4:00 Nice you finally secured a kill, after everyone on your team is dead. You also stagger yourself.
5:20 Your team gets kills, you feed.
5:57 The 1v6 with no cooldowns left.
8:00 You enter with barely any cooldowns and you cant reach the backline because they already backed up.
8:50 Enemy doom popped off. He hit nearly every cooldown.
9:28 Unlucky.
20:15 Get your ears checked, don’t blame it on bad sound design, I can hear her.
21:30 Unlucky.

21:55 You screwed up such a simple punch. It wouldn’t matter since your team is already dead but still.
25:45 Probably better you use your ult when you know where the weak targets are.
25:48 You went too far in and didn’t bother considering that zen might have ult. Plus there was a shield infront of zen, he could have dodged it. Start ult tracking.
37:40 You decide to flex 3 minutes into the game.
38:50 Look at that, your team played better now.
39:07 You got countered and punished.
39:40 You did nothing but feed.
40:55 At this point you lost 2 people when the enemy team used emp, moira ult, and molten load. You rarely win in this position.
41:25 You aren’t even seen as a threat by the enemy lmao
42:35 You know there’s more to hammond than just spinning in circles. Roll into them and roll out, get a fat pile drive.
45:30 You have a hog communicate halt+hook.
46:25 Classic snowball effect, enemy team was better and played together.

49:45 You got your zen low enough for soldier to kill him.
50:45-51:16 Thirty seconds of you botting out.
54:30 Your team is still capping point A and you feed.
55:40 You are so lost on what to do that you end up punching an ulting zen.
56:05 You’re already down 2. Reset.
1:00:5 You are absent the entire team fight getting health packs.
1:01:54 They all know you are there and you still go.
1:02:20 Even if you land your slam, you are 1v2.
1:05:32 Zero impact reaper. There’s a reason people in high elo say reaper is bad, and you couldn’t get value out of him in diamond.

Flex when you have to before a game starts. Pick your hero that you want to play but flex if your team comp is bad, try to fix before the round starts, otherwise accept the L. Literally the only time I see you use your mic is when you are dead or at the end of a round. I doubt you are using your mic for comms, maybe start there. Also don’t be toxic, it tilts your team. Low elo isn’t really about being able to carry games, it’s honestly more about the team making less mistakes than the enemy. I’ve played games as lucio where I deal less than 1000 damage and I get silver healing but I lived with zero deaths, got perfect sound barriers and made sure my ana/mercy/moira didn’t die.
You can easily climb to masters but you have to recognize that you were the one constant thing in those 3 games.

8 Likes

Wait, they say that?

This 2000% till the end of time. Take ownership of your matches and play to learn are the two best pieces of advice I could give anyone in this game.

Totally agree

As for the OP, I’m no Doomfist expert, but I felt as if you held your ultimate too long at times when you could have grabbed a quick kill safely and possibly charged up your ult again sooner after.

yes it is. Solo players clearly capable of getting into m/gm/top500

But the enemy within!

Nerf that guy!

This.

All you need to do is literally spell out whats happening to your team.