Stuck in Bronze (Bug)

I am a competitive player and ever since I started playing competitive (about a month ago) I cannot get out of Bronze. Everytime I got 7 wins (in bronze 1) I was promoted… to bronze 1. I thought this was a minor issue and tried again, got 7 wins and was promoted… to bronze 1 again. I thought I would wait until the new season started so, I started at bronze 5, worked my way to bronze 1 and when I got 7 wins I was promoted to bronze 1 yet again. I’m pretty sure this is a bug, yet I can’t find anyone with the same issue currently. It’s pretty disheartening that this is happening and makes me lose interest in playing the game, so I would really appreciate some more info into this and if anyone else is experiencing the same.

4 Likes

This just happened to me as well was bronze 5 but clearly top of the leader board. Got my 7 wins pretty quick and was promoted to BRONZE 5 lol.

1 Like

Wining 7 games is not a guaranteed promotion, just reassesses your rank. If your skills stays bronze 1 then you stay bronze 1

2 Likes

You can even be deranked if you didn’t do well in between the 7 wins

1 Like

Since you said you only played comp for a month that’s probably why, just keep playing and eventually you’d get out of bronze

1 Like

Thanks for that, but could I ask if you know how it really is assessed? I only play damage role, but I consistently get top 2 most damage and kills in my team. Right now I’ve just played with 7 wins and 7 losses, and was still stuck in Bronze 1. Like is this something that impacts everyone?

1 Like

Weird I came here to say the same thing…

1 Like

You may have already figured this out somewhere else, but your rank is shifting constantly when losing or winning a match, but you only get an update when you get 5 wins (or 15 losses). If you won 7 and lost 7 you’d stay right where you were. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Order a boost, they fix those “bugs” really quick, but they can’t fix your skill issues with this, unfortunately, unless you buy some coaching.

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing either the bug that prevents your rank from being adjusted or the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

Yes yes yes…
This happened to me aswell…

I was in rank silver something, and when it was supposed to give me a new rank it swapped my current rank from silver into. Ronze 5 before givibg me my new rank of bronze 1… and i had been winning most of my games, very strange…

Ever since then i think ive done 3 or 4 re rankings and i just continue to get the same bronze 1 rank?? And yes I am doing really well in my games and winning at least 80% of my games… i usually play in like mid gold. I have been playing at 2800 sr when i peaked in overwatch 1.

I am positive that this is some kind of bug, it has to be looked into and adressed asap.

Also how do I view my ranked progress history, in a graph view timeline?

If anyone has a fix or solution to this (no trolls…) then please let me know.

1 Like